Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my bike out for the inaugural ride with gauges. Everything works and I am real happy. However, I have noticed a slight shake in the front end when coming to a complete stop. It is not jarring or violent, but noticable. I have no idea how many miles are on the pads and rotors, but they appear to have plenty of life left in them (not worn down)
What could cause this???
I double checked that all bolts are tight.
Any thoughts???

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
warped rotor maybe.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nexus242 said:
warped rotor maybe.
I thought about that. The thing is I have not ridden the bike in almost 3 weeks. Before that I have only ridden it about 6 times since I got it. My point, is my base line for the SV doesn't really exist. I am not a novice and I do my own maintenence. I will inspect the wheel and pads. The weird thing is, I don't remember a shake last time I rode, hmmmm?????

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well, it looks like the left rotor has some play in it. Compared to the right, which is firm when you wiggle it side-to-side. Time for new rotors and EBC HH pads plus some fresh fluid.

K

·
0 Posts
arnt they floating rotors
so play would be good.
if it was stiff then the butons the rotor floats on are stuck
this happens on my dads tuono he has to lube the button things so they spin freely

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Kid Thunder said:
arnt they floating rotors
so play would be good.
if it was stiff then the butons the rotor floats on are stuck
this happens on my dads tuono he has to lube the button things so they spin freely
yes they are and yes you are right.
One rotor has play and the other does not. WTF???
Everything is tight, not loose or missing bolts. There is only a vibration at lower speeds when braking....
Perhaps some lube and another test ride

·
Registered
23 Posts
is the bike left where it is humid or outside?? i know you said it has been sitting, just wondering if the pads had a little rust on them from sitting?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well, the bike has been sitting in my garage, but I rode over 120 miles today and it still shook when I got done. It is a slight shake.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have 5mm of thickness on both rotors (min. 4.5mm) I am thinking about replacing pads and rotors. I have priced EBC pro-lite rotors (175 each from indysuperbikes.com) and EBC HH pads ($30)

I am also considering OEM replacements with EBC pads.

Any thoughts, recommendations???

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
well, used oem rotors off ebay would be cheaper than aftermarket... but not as bling

and carbone lorraine & vesrah are better pads than ebc

·
Registered
744 Posts
Do you have any uneveness in stopping power or and pulsing at the lever?

After I out on my SRAD front I thought was something was wrong when I was coming to a stop. It felt the front end was vibrating os shaking slightly. It just turned out that the fork is good enough to where it's still complient under braking, so I was feeling the uneveness in the pavement, where the old SV fork was masking that.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
zoltan said:
Do you have any uneveness in stopping power or and pulsing at the lever?

After I out on my SRAD front I thought was something was wrong when I was coming to a stop. It felt the front end was vibrating os shaking slightly. It just turned out that the fork is good enough to where it's still complient under braking, so I was feeling the uneveness in the pavement, where the old SV fork was masking that.
the lever feels fine, I only noticed a slight shake as I brake. Almost like tankslap, but real mild and from the brakes.

I will not bu used OEM rotors off e-bay. Perhaps from a member, but I am not taking my chances on an important part of my bike just to save a few bucks.

I have loosened the buttons on one rotor, time for a test ride. I am going to wait until this evening, It is hot as hell out............

1 - 12 of 12 Posts