Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I happened to find this guy searching the web.
These are 2007 750 forks. Dissassembled @ 4k miles from what he says.
He is asking $500.
This is something I can actually show up and inspect.
Says they are in great condition with no damage.
I'd still have to get the rotors and front rim.

What do you think? :)

·
Registered
603 Posts
I've been looking around recently at prices too because I want to do a swap, and that's a decent deal with brake calipers and front axle? $400 would be a really good deal.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been looking around recently at prices too because I want to do a swap, and that's a decent deal with brake calipers and front axle? $400 would be a really good deal.
It would.
I'm pretty sure the axle and calipers are there.
I would of course verify this before I tried to meet up with him.
Maybe I'll throw an offer of $400 and wait on it.
Thats a dang good idea :rock:

·
Registered
300 Posts
Two things I notice is for one there is no steering stem nut an washer those two items will cost you 50$ at a dealer. Second it looks like the ignition has been drilled out and or seriously tampered with. Leads me to believe this item could most likely be from a stolen bike

·
Registered
392 Posts
As has been mentioned by Boing, the top nut and the 2 lock nuts below are missing which is an additional cost. Ignition has been drilled/taken out. I'd ask him how that came about too.
You will be using your ignition switch so it's really a moot point other than peace of mind that you aren't purchasing stolen parts...
All said, anything closer to $400 and it's a fair price. Make sure all the front fork pinch bolts are there for the axle and if he has the axle get it too.
A good wheel with rotors, spacers is going to run on the low side $225.00 and up to $300 if it's really clean.
Then, getting the fork internals reworked for your weight is an additional few hundred $.
If you went that route, I'd recommend sending the forks off to Zoran @ TWFRacing.com and have him work his magic on them for your weight...
All told, you'd be in to the front end for a little over a grand $ wise and you're done...
Then there is the rear shock... ;)

·
Registered
392 Posts
They do.
Some people may have eyes to see around the corner :)
Well...you may have some good eyes to see around corners...me...not so much :)

Does it even matter if he is going to use his ignition switch...but those fork internals could use some help ;)

·
Registered
300 Posts
They do.
Some people may have eyes to see around the corner :)
Hey I just responded to what I saw. There looks like a gaping hole in the ignition. I know mine don't look like that and that's all I have to compare it against. I didn't say I knew for a fact it was stolen, all I said was if the ignition was tampered with that would b my best guess. Maybe it was stolen an dude bought it back off the insurance company who knows. I'm not acting like I'm omnipresent an all knowing. The op asked for opinions an that's mine.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Hey I just responded to what I saw. There looks like a gaping hole in the ignition. I know mine don't look like that and that's all I have to compare it against. I didn't say I knew for a fact it was stolen, all I said was if the ignition was tampered with that would b my best guess. Maybe it was stolen an dude bought it back off the insurance company who knows. I'm not acting like I'm omnipresent an all knowing. The op asked for opinions an that's mine.
Your eyes are good...I was having some fun with Tovar as he does know a little bit about SV... ;)
In any case, he's right about 1.0's in forks. Depending on Catfoods weight, they may be ok for him or not, depends on his weight. If he's light guy, they will be too stiff, if over 200lbs. ok....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts