Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the problem i got is when i take tight turns, at a high rate of speed, really leaned over into the turn, my front end starts to kinda wobble/shake/feel unstable. i did the forks with emulators and 15w oil, and i just put my gsxr shock in the rear. i also got sm1's b/c as soon as i bought the bike, i felt like i didnt have enough weight on the front end. will it shake like that b/c i dont have enough weight on the front end? are clipons in order? or is it just the sv front end that is doing that?

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i put lower bars on my bike, i gota naked. so the sm1's were alot lower than the stockers, which is why i was wondering if i need clipons. i only weigh about 130ish, so i dont have a whole lotta weight to begin with.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
its always had a little shake, id say mid corner. it feels good into the turn, and as i start to get harder into it round mid turn, it starts to just feel insecure. i put in a 2005 gsxr600 rear shock, if that makes a difference. but like i said, it did this before, i just figured id address the front shake now that i put the shock in the back

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i got stock springs in the forks, i didnt think i needed anything else b/c im pretty light. i pulled the forks apart and found no gerbels, and i have a set of pilot powers with approx 2500 miles on them, so i think they are in good shape

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
im no squid!!! but anyway, ill try tightening up the front end and maybe softening it a little, i got the clipons now, i just gotta put them on. hopefully ill be able to lick this problem, otherwise ill be forced to go to gsxr front end just cause :twisted:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts