Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have look on 2003+ tech and could not find a GSXR caliper swap guide.

I am trying to find out what I need:

Gsxr Calipers
caliper, fork brackets
New SS lanes

Do I need anything else? levers, rotors, sprocket, injectors, oil filter, engine.....

What do I need??

·
Premium Member
3,311 Posts
you trying to swap gsxr calipers onto the stock fork?

I did it on my first gen and I ordered a set of caliper adapter plates form SVRP. I already had braided lines from Spiegler. It just bolted on.

I didn't even change the motor.

;D

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good so no engine swap!!! Can I use the same levers ,recervoir, pistons, brake light and seat as well?

·
Registered
93 Posts
i think with certain years you may need to use the seat fabric, but you can keep your seat base.....

sorry i have nothing else of relevance to add, im bored at work :)

·
Supporting Vendor
9,953 Posts
I have look on 2003+ tech and could not find a GSXR caliper swap guide.

I am trying to find out what I need:

Gsxr Calipers
caliper, fork brackets
New SS lanes

Do I need anything else? levers, rotors, sprocket, injectors, oil filter, engine.....

What do I need??

:) All you need are a set of 2001 - 2003 GSXR 600, 2000 2003 GSXR 750, or any model year of SV1000 Tokico 4 Piston Brake Caliper Brake Caliper Brackets, and the Brake Caliper Adapter Brackets,

I have them ready to ship in Anodized Silver, or Anodized Black, your choice,

The existing lines will work, but it is a great time to upgrade, to SS if you do not already have them,

New brake pads is always a good idea with used calipers,

I have the pads and lines in stock if you would like them included.

Email me directly if you like, at [email protected] and I will look after you right away,

Enjoy the ride, and best regards,
Blair

·
Registered
9,557 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have a question question.

i am contemplating the gsxr caliper swap. Do the stock calipers and the 00-03 gsxr calipers use the same model pads? so I could keep the rebuilt stock calipers as spares and use one supply of spare pads

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
Actually, I am very interested in this mod.

Nevermind, I see this only works with 2001-2003 calipers. I just bought a pair on e-bay. Emailed Zoran for some brackets.

·
Supporting Vendor
9,953 Posts
I have a question question.

i am contemplating the GSXR caliper swap. Do the stock calipers and the 00-03 GSXR calipers use the same model pads? so I could keep the rebuilt stock calipers as spares and use one supply of spare pads
:) Hi for the SV Racing Parts, Brake Caliper Adapter Brackets just email me at [email protected] and I will look after you right away,

The Upgrade to the 4 Piston Tokico Brake Calipers works with the 2001- 2003 GSXR 600 Calipers, the 2000 - 2003 GSXR 750 Calipers, or Any Model Year of the SV1000 Tokico Front Brake Calipers.

These Four Piston Calipers do not use the same Brake Pads as the two piston OEM Calipers,

I carry the Superb Galfer HH Sintered Front Brake Pads for these calipers in stock, at $35 a set each and they can ship with the the Brake Caliper Adapters.

I also carry the SS Black Galfer Brake Line for our bikes,

The SV Racing Parts, Brake Caliper Adapter Brackets come in Anodizeed Silver, or Anodized Back to match your preference, and include all the hardware you need to mount them up, for $65 per set shipped to your door anywhere in the USA.

Let me know whenever you are ready, and I will look after you right away,

This is a great brake upgrade,

Enjoy the ride, and best regards,
Blair

1 - 13 of 13 Posts