Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My front brake squeaks every other time i slow down. Looking at the pad thickness, there is a good amount of pad left as it should (only 5300 miles)

Is there something that needs lube or cleaning? Or should i just buy new pads.

Everything stops fine and i have no issues other then the little noise. Its not loud and its not often, just annoying. If pads cost me like $30 then i will easily throw $30 at it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I could use a solution for that also. My rears have been squeaking for awhile. I even took the bike in for a service thinking something was wrong. They told me everything was fine and they still squeak. It's annoying as hell.

·
Registered
9,123 Posts
Brake squeal is usually caused by the pads vibrating in the calipers. You can remove the pads and apply copper pad grease to the back of the pads where they meet the caliper pistons. Just a thin smear. You can also buy anti squeal compound at an auto parts store. If it's more of a squeak than a squeal, then maybe the rotors need some cleaning or the sliding pin in the caliper needs to be greased with caliper pin grease. Every season I remove the pads and thoroughly clean the calipers with brake cleaner and a tooth brush and lube the pins. Never had problems with brake dust or crud.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts