Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i the morning my front brake is very soft or mushy meaning i can pull the handle almost to the grip, i get to work and then leave for lunch and its a real hard feel. i can still brake fine but the touch is different.

do i need to change to something new or brand?

·
Registered
6,503 Posts
I could ask what you're doing riding with questionable front brakes. I would worry about those symptoms. Definitely bleed with new fluid (Castrol Girling GT is my favorite) and see if it improves. Get someone with experience to look at them. Mushy generally stays mushy, doesnt' get better at lunch. It is possible that there is a small air leak at the master brake plunger. This could give you the symptoms you are experiencing.

Please don't take any chances with your front brake. I bleed mine every six months.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the replies
i will get the fronts bled out right away.

tony

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
You should change the fluid at least every 2 years or when it looks like coke-a-cola and MOM says the brake lines should also be done every 4 years. So looks like you should do your brake lines too cause they can cause that mushy feeling your getting.

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
tonye said:
i the morning my front brake is very soft or mushy meaning i can pull the handle almost to the grip, i get to work and then leave for lunch and its a real hard feel. i can still brake fine but the touch is different.

do i need to change to something new or brand?
I think your well rested hand was stronger in the morning than it was when you went on your lunch break hungary for energy

does the feel change when your riding, different times that you apply the brakes. I wouldn't judge my brake feel by 2 brake applications 5 hours apart

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the brakes still engage but in the morning the feel is not there meaning that i squeeze the brakes and the level just travels in and the brake grabs. at lunch i think that i can feel when the pads are grabbing the rotor.

its hard to explain clearly i think since i am still learning. i have never been a just a front brake person since i hate the nose dive. (i need to get new springs). i try to downshift and use front and rear together all the time.

im gonna call suzuki service to see what time i can come by.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts