Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After rideing home from work today I was looking over my bike and I notice that my front brake reservoirs look low, I was wondering what brake fluid you use? The Ower Manual says use Dot 4 and not to mix brake fluid, so I was wonder could I use any Dot 4 brake fluid? I work at a car dealership and I can get Dot 4 break fluid.

·
Registered
107 Posts
You probably should add some fluid but I was kinda wondering where it has gone before you start going through a quart a month.

·
Registered
111 Posts
If you rbrake fluid is going down, then your brakes are geating worn. It might be an indication that you need to change your brake pads. Unless you are leaking fluid from somewhere.

Just so you know, the brake reservior is the one on the right clip-on (handlebar). The one on the left is for the clutch. I noticed in your first post, you said reserviors, being plural, more than one. Just wanted to make sure you understood.

·
Registered
537 Posts
if it were me, i'd take this as an opportunity to bleed all the old fluid out and replenish w/ brand new fluid. if it states you must use DOT4, use DOT4.

check for leaks, check your pads, and might be a good idea to clean the pistons from any caked on gunk to promote smooth brake operation.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have about 18 miles befor I have to change my oil, I might have forgot to minchen that.

A suzuki OEM oil filter is $12.99 from my loc shop. Also I was looking at brake fluid and the only suzuki brake fluid I could find was call Suzuki Dot 3/4 brake fluid SP-3G, is that the right brake fluid for my bike?

Also I fould suzuki engine coolant call Prediluted engine coolant SP-3H, is that the right coolant for my bike?

Are the new 05 suzuki Sv1000s comeing with the lower fairing stock? they had two 05 Sv1000s in the show room with the lower fairing

Where can I get cheeper parts? Like engine coolant and brake fluid?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts