Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cycle gear doesn't carry the right size so I've tried various auto parts stores to no avail. Everyone makes it to 10mm and stops.

I'd rather not drop $35 on this: http://oneidasuzuki.com/store/customer/product.php?productid=19076&cat=771&page=1
Does it work on the rear as well?

Also, buying a alan wrench, cutting it off, and adapting a 12mm socket is not something I'd like to do unless I have to. I just don't have anything with which to cut it.

Perhaps one of you DID cut yours and you have some leftover you'd like to sell me.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
Sears or Pep Boys.

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
You don't have to cut the 12mm allen wrench.

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks.  I've checked Autozone but not Sears.  Autozone made it up to 10mm and had no more.  I expected NAPA would have it because they have lots of oversized tools. No dice.

EDIT: thanks for the Sears link. I kept giving up on their website because it would just drag as I got to the hex key section

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
I got a set of 12 14 and 17mm 3/8 inch drive hex bit sockets at Autozone for all of $9! :) They are around, just tough to find.

Think that's tough? Try finding an 24mm hex bit for a GSXR front axle for under $25! ;)

·
Registered
571 Posts
i had to go to sears and buy the 12mm allen wrench.

shouldn't this tool come in the toolkit on our bikes? i realize that they can't possibly include every tool needed to tear down our bikes but you would think that in an emergency, being able to take the front wheel off would be nice if you had to.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts