Registered
2,737 Posts
hmmmmmmmmmmm  ???

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thejimdaddy said:
nothing wrong with them, but they don't allow for fork work and may or may not be built solidly
well, i have a front stand that will allow for fork work. just need a new pin and i can move that one back and forth.

·
Registered
514 Posts
If you already have a front stand why buy a set?

You can get a PitBull stand for just over $100, and it will last. Unlike the ebay stands. Which I bet the paint will flake off of in a few weeks time.

This is also nothing new. You can get a pair of handy stands for about the same price.

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
I think i might make my own stand out of piping. Just need to locate a welder....bet that would be hella cheap.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I just got a set of f/r stands for $100 for xmas that aren't an eBay special and aren't the Handy Stands...need to find the website, but they feel a lot sturdier than the Handy's, at least the front one...the rear Handy I never had a problem with, and this rear is nice too

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
{PMS}fishy said:
If you already have a front stand why buy a set?
two bikes that both need to stand straight up in the garage. ;D

thanks for the links to the other options. i'll check them out and order something for myself by the end of the week

·
Registered
176 Posts
I just bought a set from Heindl engineering. They look really nice and are supposed to be really sturdy. I am very excited to get them. They give an SV rider discount if you buy from them. And get this, they were designed around the SV. - Skister

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
skister said:
I just bought a set from Heindl engineering. They look really nice and are supposed to be really sturdy. I am very excited to get them. They give an SV rider discount if you buy from them. And get this, they were designed around the SV. - Skister
can you give us details on the discount, cost, etc?

·
Registered
176 Posts
The discount is not huge, like $10 or something. But, that is $10 that can go towards something else. I think they gave me the combination rear stand for the price of the rear fork stand. Anyway, I expect to get them today in the mail. - Skister

·
Registered
22 Posts
rencrn8 said:
+1 I have these and am very happy with their quality. Just make sure to tell him it is for an SV so he will send you the offset fork stand b/c of the pinch bolt.
Have heard good things about these as well, was gonna get a set but had to buy some other stuff instead. The guy who does them is a member of gixxer.com and did a group buy over there a while ago for 100 shipped, but I think it is over now.

·
Registered
22 Posts
rencrn8 said:
+1 I have these and am very happy with their quality. Just make sure to tell him it is for an SV so he will send you the offset fork stand b/c of the pinch bolt.
Have heard good things about these as well, was gonna get a set but had to buy some other stuff instead.  The guy who does them is a member of gixxer.com and did a group buy over there a while ago for 100 shipped, but I think it is over now.

·
Registered
36 Posts
SpeedisaVirus said:
I think i might make my own stand out of piping. Just need to locate a welder....bet that would be hella cheap.
I did this very same thing! used the plans from this website. A friend of mine welded it for me. works great! and total cost was $30!!!!!

Definitely worth it.

·
Registered
94 Posts
rencrn8 said:
These are the ones I just got, and I like them so far...
What are you talking about, offset fork stand? I just got the regular one and it seems to work fine? ???

1 - 20 of 20 Posts