Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
Alright so I think this is pretty cool.

The clutch cover is plastic and cracked so I ordered another on which is slightly warped. My next option was 100 dollars for a fancy one. Sorry but thats not in the budget.

So I ordered a gen 2 to try out, which is one piece and aluminum, not plastic. Fits perfect. Gasket fits and just got its first oil change and filter.

Didnt care for the silver so of course its cerakoted black now.

Next up clutch rod, and seal, carbs
Gen 2 by Jacob Martin, on Flickr

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
The carbs are synced the exhaust is on, it's running a little rich. Replaced the spacers with thinner ones and that did the trick. All that's left is a drive chain and its done.

It was running on one cylander for about 2 to 3 minutes. The rear didnt fire. But before I could trouble shoot it, there was a small backfire and both cylinders started. It's been running good since i synced the carbs

Exhaust by Jacob Martin, on Flickr

2017-12-15_07-24-19 by Jacob Martin, on Flickr

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
12-17-16

All I have left to do is install a license plate. I took it on the maiden voyage today. We're calling done. Its funny how it feels... the foot pegs, angle of the foot controls, hand controls, seat, every thing is placed where its comfortable for me. I can't tell you how nice that is.

I sprayed it gloss and polished it. I thought I was going to leave it matte, but every time the tank got a little bit wet, the gloss just took my breath away.

Done by Jacob Martin, on Flickr

20171230_051313 by Jacob Martin, on Flickr

21 - 25 of 25 Posts