Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having neurological problems bad enough to preclude motorcycling, or even manual transmission cars.
It's been a great ten years, and I am especially grateful to TeeRiver, Mad8vskills and OfirMX for all their kind words,
If you don't see me around, just look me up on hot mail com. I'm stevecrume there

·
MOTORADOR
10,793 Posts
Steve, you are a great human being and a true asset to SV Rider and the motorcycle community as a whole. Making this decision must have not been easy but I am glad that you are putting safety over everything else. Please come visit us at any chance you have. We will always be happy to see you around.

Stay safe and healthy. We miss you already.

·
Super Moderator
6,777 Posts
Sorry to hear that Steve. We'll miss you.

Best of luck with the medical challenges you are facing.

Take care.

Jay

·
Super Moderator
8,161 Posts
Steve, I am so sorry to hear that. SVR is just a motorcycle forum but many of us have made real friends here. Over the years you have truly become my friend.

I wish you all the best and hope for good outcome fighting the neurological problem.

I have spinal stenosis (AS since age 30), fused c5/c6 neck vertebrae 10 years ago; balance and leg strength is not what it used to be. Every time I swing my leg over my beloved SV I am reminded there are only so many times left I will be able to do this. I do not know when the time will come but at some point will need to make the same risk/reward decision.

Thanks for all your contributions to SVRider. Thanks too for your help testing the first FuelBot, your feedback was invaluable.

Best wishes to you!

-Dave

·
Registered
201 Posts
yikes, I hope you can make strides towards improving your situation Steve. It's a bummer to give up something as enjoyable as motorcycling but I guess bikes are a "stage" in all of our lives. My Dad is 78 y/o now and his days of getting his little Ninja out in the mountain roads by his house are fading away. Perhaps it's time to move on to something better :D

·
site supporter
6,095 Posts
Check back in from time to time, just to see how we're all flailing about without you. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
I want to wish you the best.
Our son was diagnosed at 16yo (20 now) after being an athlete since 6. Baseball star, swimmer, etc...
With CMT, he barely can walk and will be in a wheelchair eventually. I always wanted to be able to ride with him, alas it will never happen.
We as riders should be happy for every ride we get in and take all these people with us in spirit that can't anymore.
Take care of yourself and be safe.
Ciao
Laurent

·
Registered
56 Posts
The place will be poorer without you Steve.

Please don't disappear completely.

All the best with your health and wellbeing. That's the most important thing.

·
Super Moderator
8,161 Posts
I took this photo last year and see this guy around town from time to time.

It is a custom made wheelchair rig. Yes, you can take my bars away but only when you rip them from my cold dead hands. Respect!

·
Registered
884 Posts
Bummer! The aging process isn't any fun at all. Personally, I've been waiting for the wisdom that is supposed to come along at some point. So far, it's a no-show.

Take care, try to stay positive, etc. That makes me think of the old poster of the polar bear leaning against an ice block; "Act enthusiastic, and you'll be enthusiastic". It doesn't always work, but sometimes it does.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts