Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the '04 SV is gone and 700mi so far this week on the '02 XX.  When I got her she only had 1630mi.  What can I say but they're different.  The naked SV was more comfy for around town but once you get used to the XX's riding position....it's kinda nice.  I seem to be able to go further on the XX.   I ride distance on my Wing so I don't do major distance on it anyway.....more of a commuter and shorter thrill ride bike.

The XX is a little heavier in the twisties than the SV but the brakes and suspension are so much better.  Bike feels more planted and stable but aftermarket on the SV can help that out.

The biggest by far difference between the SV650 and the XX is top end and mid range power.  The SV had good power but the XX is simply ridiculous but it's also very linear and smooth.  If I twist the throttle at 90 on the XX, 130 is literally seconds away.  You don't have to plan to pass anything....this bike simply FLIES in any gear at anytime.  The scariest part is that it redlines at 11K rpm and at half that the bike feels like it was some kind of NASA project.

Mine's stock for now...I have Scorp pipes and PCIII going on soon but even the stock idle has a bit of an nasty ominous tone :)

I've been ridng for a few years and have about 40K mi under my belt.  I don't recommend a bike like the XX for anyone unless you've put saddle time in on something else.  This bike is just too fast and can catch you off guard if you don't know how to corner.

But I'm glad I have it.  It's childish to say but it sure is fun pulling aside an '06 Vette or new Porsche and knowing my $7K bike can pull away from them pretty damn easily.

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
That thing is hot... in an understated cruise-missle-gonna-rock-your-world sort of way. 8) Thanks for the write-up.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks....I can't wait to put the pipes and powercommander on it so it should run even better... ;)
The SV650 was no slouch though.....still a great bike. I think only a bike like an XX or a Busa....a somewhat comfortable GT type rocket is the only thing that could replace the SV.....but not a 600SS.....I'd rather have the SV instead of one of those.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts