Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He bought this bike about a year ago for $300. It was a rusty mess so he stripped it and made a cafe racer out of it. Turned out really nice. I took it for a spin and enjoyed it. The clutch is really heavy compared to my bike but the brakes are strong and it runs really well. Not particularly fast but it's a real head turner. He said he has about $1800 into it. I bet he could sell this for $3,000-4,000.

He rides a Suzuki Bandit 1200 and he used to have an SV650. In fact, he's the reason I bought my SV many years ago. I rode his and just fell in love with it. His SV was a 1st gen and was well sorted.

·
Premium Member
2,041 Posts
Purty.........and so......so clean. :drool:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Looks nice but just needs some rearsets. Good 'ol XS650...Japan perfected what Triumph made but made it not leak and more reliable. Those 650's are like blank pieces of paper and have so many direction you can take them.

·
Registered
31 Posts
WOW!! I can see Ben Bostrom testing that bike for Cafe Racer. Sweet

·
Registered
546 Posts
Sexy as hell, but those mirrors look cheap on it... Looks crazy fun.

·
Registered
71 Posts
XS650's for $300 are/have become a thing of the past. The Cafe Racer/bobber crowd is getting so big that all the old tarp covered bikes in garages have been found and used. At least on the west coast, east coast seems some are still out there.

Really like the bike except the Race Tech stickers, they detract from the super clean bike.

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
that came out verrrry nice...

me, i'd go more trackster, or, maybe a mountain bike carbon fibre bars instead of the clubman's...either way, old 650 Yami's never die...if you can find a Shel Tuit 750 kit, BUY IT!!!

Champion frame and 'glass....

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Very clean, I like it a lot, I am so building something like this someday.

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Wonderful job...as someone else stated, it would be nice to see some before photos.
I asked him if he had any photos of the project and he said that he did not.

I don't know if he has any before photos.

·
Registered
337 Posts
XS650's for $300 are/have become a thing of the past. The Cafe Racer/bobber crowd is getting so big that all the old tarp covered bikes in garages have been found and used. At least on the west coast, east coast seems some are still out there.
QUOTE]

so true... i sold my not so nice 72 cb350f for $1400 in less than a week
it ran, but was rattle can flat black and leaked oil

1 - 20 of 22 Posts