Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got home from the paint shop and got to help finish marbilizing my new Sharkskinz!! Here are a few pics of the paint job. He just finished the second clear coat. I bought the SV650R stickers and had a local graphics place make two Suzuki stickers. Tomorrow we will clear over the stickers and wet sand it again. Could be done tomorrow night if we have enough time. I will post updates when I get home tomorrow.

Keith

·
Registered
104 Posts
not really to my liking, but huge props for going completely original and custom.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL, the silver over black doesnt show up well with the flash of the camera. Kinda looks like galvanized metal from the pics.

Just layed the SV650R stickers and prepped the fairings for the 3rd coat of clear and will have to buff the parts next weekend and I should be puting it back together monday.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Okay, now shoot some candy paint over it so it's more subtle. It really get's on my nerves when I see someone half-a$$ this process. That specific paint technique is supposed to be covered by a candy coat to make it look more complete.

But you get an A for effort anyway. Props.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Okay, now shoot some candy paint over it so it's more subtle. It really get's on my nerves when I see someone half-a$$ this process. That specific paint technique is supposed to be covered by a candy coat to make it look more complete.

But you get an A for effort anyway. Props.
It has candy coat on it, you cant see it from the pics. It really gets on my nerves when people go on rants like that when they dont know what they are talking about.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
It has candy coat on it, you cant see it from the pics. It really gets on my nerves when people go on rants like that when they dont know what they are talking about.
how is it that I don't know what I'm talking about if "you can't see it in the pics"?

edit: if I shat on your day, my bad, the bike's gonna look sweet, unlike any other sv out there

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Got to installing the integrated tail lights and a few other pieces. All of a sudden its cold in Wisconsin again. :mad: I am freezing my hands off in the garage.

Started it up with the shorty Yosh pipe and now its louder. Not ear piercing by any means. Just a little more throaty. ;D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts