Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my hands on a free 04 gsxr600 rear shock that i planned on putting on the sv. Now i know it is the wrong spring rate for me (175Lbs)

Should i not even bother with this one? or still install as it may be an upgrade from the stock one?

I am still a bit confused about what fits and what is right/wrong when it comes to 1st gen or 2nd gen shocks.

a little enlightenment from the 1st gen forum would be welcome.

thanks

Q

·
Registered
505 Posts
We'll give you a $50 exchange credit if you decide to upgrade to a rebuilt one with correct spring and valving for you. The 425# spring on that one will be way too light for you. If you can't get good sag, nothing else matters with the shock since it will not be operating in the meat of the travel.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what would be the cheapest alterntive considering i'd like to raise the rear of the bike for faster turn-in?

should i go with a 03 lenght shock, or an 02 w/ shorter dogbones?

thanks for the tips

Q

·
Registered
606 Posts
We make the GSXR shocks longer and we have varied length dog bones. What is it you want to do? You can upgrade your shock for a couple hundred dollars after trade-in and I'll make it Gen1 or Gen 2 length if you like. Up to you.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well, i already have the short dogbones, so maybe i should get regular length (1st gen).

Let me check out the website for options.

Q

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
JaredMcDonley said:
Word on the street is that giving it to me would really help your turn-in speeds!
For real!
word on the street is you should get -1 post count for this. you cheap load! :twisted: :twisted:

Q

1 - 7 of 7 Posts