Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
MOTORADOR
10,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this morning I thought: "Hey, maybe it is time for me to wash the interior of my stinky helmet". So I took all the pads out, washed them with soft soap, rinsed them and put them to dry on the top of my wife's minivan that was outside, on the parkway.

Two hours later we decide to go out and have a nice family picnic. We all jump inside the minivan and drive away...

Yes, my helmet pads are now gone forever :sbmfacepalm:

Sent from my left shoe using the Motorcycle app

·
MOTORADOR
10,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:hello: Dani, long time no see.

·
MOTORADOR
10,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
couldn't have gone that far before the wind blew them away...i would check nearby streets
Already did. :)

And it was a cheap helmet, so it's not even worth it trying to find replacements.

Time to get a new (good) helmet :deal:

·
Registered
5,871 Posts
Man, that sucks. I would certainly look nerby for them as well. I wonder if you can buy the pads instead of having to buy a whole new helmet. :dontknow: That's why I never wash any thing.... ever.

·
Registered
5,871 Posts
It's like Off1 knows what I am going to say before I even type it.... scary. :magpie:

·
MOTORADOR
10,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
18 Posts
I wonder if you can buy the pads instead of having to buy a whole new helmet. :dontknnow:
You can buy replacement pads for nicer helmets like Arai. Not sure about the cheaper ones though. Probably not worth it though considering a quick google search shows Arai cheek pads alone run 36.99 a pop new.

·
Premium Member
6,015 Posts
Something smell funny about this story.

1. Who washes the pads in their helmet?

2. Why would you put them On an object that can move?

3. Why would you not look for the pieces?

Sounds like off1 wanted an excuse to purchase a new helmet :)

Thx for the laughs off1

·
MOTORADOR
10,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
380 Posts
I just washed mine last night in the washer and dryer. But I think if Off1 is that forgetful he should have them dry cleaned.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts