Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
I guess you haven't seen the cost of Natural Gas as of late. I think it close at $14.xx today down from a high of $15.3x. Last year it was only $6.80. Gas went up but is coming back down now but home heating oil and natural gas are up 50% to 100% already and winter hasn't even started. A lot more prices are going to go up to pass on the transportation and winter heating costs.

sowwies Adam blame the hurricanes. :(

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
with thier shipping costs....i might as well just go to the dealer instead, it will end up being the same price now

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
Don't be surprized if the cost of new bikes and cages begins to skyrocket soon. Energy costs doubling from where they were 2 years ago, Aluminum and Copper being hoarded by China... The increase in Copper has cost my company 2 plant closings and almost 300 jobs from the 4 plants still open. Three years ago we were worried when copper passed the $.75 per pound line. Now it around $2.08. When we use 50+ tons a week of bronze "A metal" ingot, these rising prices are killing us.

Keep in mind, an average car uses around 230 pounds of copper. I'm going to take a SWAG and say there may be as much as 30 pounds in a full dresser bike, perhaps 10 or 15 in a sportbike. Now factor in the energy required to build the vehicles, ship the parts and completed units, heat the buildings, so on and so forth. I doubt prices will drop soon.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Um... the prices look the same to me. Rear cowling is still $69... the lowers are still $379. hugger is stil $176. hell they even have the same prices for the PitBull stands that I bought early this year. Same as they've been for the last year or so. WTF are you smokin man?

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Novadesigns said:
Um... the prices look the same to me. Rear cowling is still $69... the lowers are still $379. hugger is stil $176.  hell they even have the same prices for the PitBull stands that I bought early this year.  Same as they've been for the last year or so. WTF are you smokin man?
the hugger used to be 150 ::) there are some other things that went up like the PCIII's as well..

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
RoostMonkey said:
And I thought it was outrageous when I bought my chin spoiler at $230!! Owie. Hard to blame them though.
230!!! damn try 260+ now....

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
no its called i wont be getting any motorcycle xmas presents cause they are TO F-ING EXPENSIVE!!!!! :mad:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts