Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SOMEONE HELP! Im about to rip my ears off! When Im throttling up I hear this high pictched buzzzzzzzzz that sounds like a bee or something. Its faintly audible, but high picthed enough to hear it. When I engage the clutch the soundis still there. It goes up and down as I accelerate up or down. Very obvious on decel. Any ideas??? thank you for your help!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it does sound like its coming from somewhere in the middle to the front of my bike. I seemed to notice it after removing the snorkel. i put it back on and its still there. I really hope its not the fuel pump. It doesnt sound like a mechanical buzz. However, i started noticing a really really high pitched faint buzz at the red light. oh god...

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Is the noise Engine RPM related or Road Speed Related. Not sure? At Freeway speed, pull in the clutch and hold it. Does the noise die? if so, it's something in the engine/intake system. If not....

The less obvious question is...have you ever lubed your chain? A really rusty/nasty chain can "buzz", but only for about 50 miles before your sprokets get worn down to circles. But it won't "buzz" when the bike isn't moving.

Ditto for toasted wheel bearings, but you'll last a bit longer on those, but not by much. Again, won't Buzz when bike not moving.

If it's buzzing @ idle, and changes buzz as the engine RPM's change...gotta be something IN the engine, or sumething rubbin against something (engine, gauge cluster, cable, etc)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
def not wheel chain related. when i pull in the clutch and coast it doesnt make a sound. but when i pull in the clutch and rev the engine will moving it will make noise in relation with my rev. i.e. the more i rev the more the sound.

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
i dont know if this is your problem, but it was mine. my front fender rattled one of the bolts loose, and when i rode you could hear it ovr everything. i would say to check all your bolts on the front of the bike. May be a dumb suggestion, but thats all i got. ha :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a nekid 08 SV650 and it makes a similar noise. It seems to happen around 4-7k rpms, and if I reach forward and hold onto the speedo it cuts the noise down somewhat. I need to dig into it deeper to isolate the noise. I think it started around the time I changed my headlamp.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
def not wheel chain related. when i pull in the clutch and coast it doesnt make a sound. but when i pull in the clutch and rev the engine will moving it will make noise in relation with my rev. i.e. the more i rev the more the sound.
Then I would have someone REV the engine while you listen around the center/front of the motorcycle to try to pinpoint the sound. Could just be a loose faster buzzing, or it might be something inside your engine.... You don't wheelie do ya?:nana:

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
When you put the snorkel back in did you make sure it sealed all the way around? I took mine out and I just could'nt stand the honking and the sound of injectors clicking, when I put it back in it did'nt seal all the way around, the bottom side was bowed way up had about an 1/8" gap in the middle that made it buzz...almost whistle.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks to everyone for your replies. No suggestion is dumb. Ive taken my tank off and fully checked the snorkel and airbox. nothing lodged or loose as far as i can tell. I retightened everything down. I did however isolate one noise. The noise i was hearing at red lights is in fact the fuel pump. i will check my front fender and windscreen. Well, as long as my sv is running healthy, im happy. my biggest concern is the safety of the motorcycle as it directly relates to my safety. from what ive heard the sv motor is rock solid. btw, mine is an 08 n with 4300 on it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Does it seem to be coming from your headlight? I had this problem with my 07 naked. Just had to use some foam to stop the vibration.
After the dealer replaced my chirping speed sensor, I noticed a rattle/buzzing that was new.

It was the headlight assembly rattling in the shell. I put some tape where the headlight assy. hooks onto the top area inside of the shell, and had blissful quiet for a while. The noise came back after a few weeks, and sure enough the tape has fallen out. Then I put duct tape on the headlight asy. "hook", and tape inside the shell where it hooks.

Done for now, but I'm seriously thinking of using silicone sealer. To check for the headlight being the cause of the noise, just tap on the front with the engine off. It is very noticeable.

I also hear a faint buzz when running just over 5K in 6th gear, my solution is to run a bit faster and it goes away.

Paladin

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i will definitely check out my headlight! However, i made a new discovery in the buzzing noise. I noticed tonight that whenever i got off my seat while riding, the sound would go away! At first i thought it was a fluke, but then i tried it again. As soon as i hit 4k on the tach it started buzzing, and just as i stood on my pegs the noise went away. as soon as i sat back down, the noise came back. its definitely something in, or under the gas tank. someone here mentioned fuel pump, and i think it has something to do with it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.