Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
I've been running an LFX14L2 on my SV1000 since 2012 and it works great.

·
Premium Member
8,122 Posts
Thanks for the suggestions, how do you know about Kartek do you race offroad?
I ended up sleaving the mount tube with some hose. Those Reservoir mounts are too large for the d i of the mounting tube is only half an inch. Still looking for a better solution.
You are right about the brake reservoir. I actually want to change out that whole m/c. A guy told me yesterday to get an offroad one but I don't know what will fit the mounting holes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Alas no, I do not race offroad. I watch Truck Night In America. Does that count? Haha. No I raced AMA and WERA ages ago, and have been into cars, 4x4's, and motorcycles for decades. I must've used Kartek for something Jeep related maybe.
Sleeving the tube sounds like a lopro option.
Not sure on the options for replacing the rear MC altogether. I think I have seen a MX style one once or twice. But for the hassle honestly I would just use some Tygon 2075 (I think 2075 is the correct version) and a Honda plastic bung (plug). The alu version shown below is bespoke and I do not recall who made it for me.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
One of the challenges I've had is figuring out where to mount the body. Previously heavy steel mounts were just ducktaped to the body and body screwed to them. Hopefully this is an improvement on that.

#3N1Motorsports
#FrankensteinSV650

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
Thought I would bump this back to the top with some fresh pics. I need to get this hot rod on the track before she goes up for sale.

As they say "anything worth doing is worth over doing." Overkill on brakes.

Shot of that cool underslung batt tray.

Keeping things controlled via Penske, Ohlins, and Scotts.

Couple fun ones all dressed up.

Thanks for viewing and feedback
#3N1Motorsports
#FrankensteinSV650

·
Registered
239 Posts
Why did you cut all those holes in the airbox ?... An airbox on a 4 stroke works like an expansion chamber on a 2 stroke... especially on twins, and the snorkel if correctly shaped works like a stinger...like a speaker box... it's an acoustic chamber...

Cutting holes in an airbox is like cutting holes in a speaker box expecting to make better sound... i'm currently looking for another stock snorkel as years ago I threw it away only to recently find out that I have affected the airbox's acoustics. I don't know if I'll put it straight back on or fiddle with it as i can't really remember what it looked like. I thought I knew better... I thought the snorkel was for quietness... it is, but that's not all it does.... It does stuff with power characteristics so i'll be sussing that out when I get one..... This is all just my opinion....

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
the snorkel on the SV1000 is larger than the snorkel on the SV650

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Why did you cut all those holes in the airbox ?... An airbox on a 4 stroke works like an expansion chamber on a 2 stroke... especially on twins, and the snorkel if correctly shaped works like a stinger...like a speaker box... it's an acoustic chamber...

Cutting holes in an airbox is like cutting holes in a speaker box expecting to make better sound... i'm currently looking for another stock snorkel as years ago I threw it away only to recently find out that I have affected the airbox's acoustics. I don't know if I'll put it straight back on or fiddle with it as i can't really remember what it looked like. I thought I knew better... I thought the snorkel was for quietness... it is, but that's not all it does.... It does stuff with power characteristics so i'll be sussing that out when I get one..... This is all just my opinion....
I just wanted to try seeing if more air = more power. I'm not using that box anymore. It's for sale.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #32 (Edited)
Couldnt leave well enough alone and started to make a narrower & thicker aluminum 1st gen radiator work. Which lead to moving the overflow, which lead to let's make a new airbox.

Airbox got too skinny so I bailed on it for now but will pick it up later. All drawn up for plans of ram air.

Oh yea, the Starlane quit so it's being swapped out for an AIM unit.

#FrankensteinSV650

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #35 (Edited)
A gen1 radiator on a gen 2. Narrower so it should crash better, but thicker core so it should cool just as good. Fingers crossed.

#FrankensteinSV650

21 - 35 of 35 Posts