Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
Just bought myself my first SV650. 2005, blue with only 2000 km's on it.

Ordered the fairings for her already and just trying to decide on frame sliders now.
I've been told the OEM ones from suzuki will bend and not work in a crash, so I was wondering what would be the best brand to buy that would be compatible with my fairings! I don't want to do any cutting or anything.

Thanks in advance!

Matt

·
Premium Member
2,059 Posts
Hey everyone,
Just bought myself my first SV650. 2005, blue with only 2000 km's on it.

Ordered the fairings for her already and just trying to decide on frame sliders now.
I've been told the OEM ones from suzuki will bend and not work in a crash, so I was wondering what would be the best brand to buy that would be compatible with my fairings! I don't want to do any cutting or anything.

Thanks in advance!

Matt
http://www.motosliders.com/

They have been tried and tested by many an SV....many;D

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
must order. Contact Blair at SVracing parts (a site supporter) he will get them to you quick. Refresh the page until you see his banner at the top right of main page.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the link takes me to his ebay store where the sliders I need aren't listed. Does he have a handle on here?

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
On the site it says they work with the 650 with the OEM lowers. What about a 1000? I figure there is not much difference but figured I woudl ask
I suspect if they were to fit the 1000 then it would say so? Only real way to find out is to contact nate at motosliders.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Do they make OEM lowers for the 1000? And Blairs number is 604 261 4654

·
Registered
350 Posts
The motosliders do NOT work with a SV1K with OEM lowers. Nate said they don't plan to offer a set either.

Guess I will have to go another route...

·
Registered
647 Posts
The motosliders do NOT work with a SV1K with OEM lowers. Nate said they don't plan to offer a set either.

Guess I will have to go another route...
same here soulpatch. i'm not exactly sure what i'm gonna do yet, but DEFINATELY not buying the crappy suzuki sliders.

·
Registered
17,602 Posts
We really need to get a mod to put up a big phucking sticky titled,

"All you phucking need to know about frame sliders right here. Stop creating new gawdam posts every other fracking day! Read here first or have your testicles flayed!"

I'm just saying.

·
Registered
350 Posts
same here soulpatch. i'm not exactly sure what i'm gonna do yet, but DEFINATELY not buying the crappy suzuki sliders.
Well the crappy suz ones are better then none at all at this point. I might go that route to at least have something for a bit till i figure somethign else out.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
http://www.motosliders.com/

They have been tried and tested by many an SV....many;D
Actually, NO they haven't. There aren't but a handfull on OEM lower faired bikes right now. I know the new design has been changed but have a look at Mavryk's destroyed prototype. The OEM's would have done better.

I guess I'll be the first to recommend the long proven R&G Frame Sliders available at www.ema-usa.com. Worked flawlessly for me when my fully faired SV and I hit the pavement hard at 50+ mph. Slider left a 60' skid mark and never budged.

I'd consider sipping the Motoslider kool-aid for faired bikes only after I see some crash experience. For non-faired, it's a go.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts