Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, great riding weather still here in Maine.
I need to find yellow frame sliders for my SV. I have found the vortec ones but wanted to know if there was any other. Some websites and prices would be great. thanks and be safe.

·
Super Moderator
8,820 Posts
SafireEyz said:
Hey everyone, great riding weather still here in Maine.
Where from in Maine?
Spent most of my life in northern Maine ...

Beautiful place ... hard to make a living there ... and the winters are so long :(

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tell me about it I am a FL girl, this will be my 3rd winter.

Bangor area, dedham actually.

Hopefully after I finish my degree I can move south again :)

·
Super Moderator
8,820 Posts
Cool, graduated from UMaine Orono in '99 8)
I was there during the Ice Storm of '98 where I spent 21 days without electricity ...

Had to drive down the road 2 to 3 times a day to fill 5 gal buckets of water at the local gas station to flush the toilets.
I lived in Maine most of my life and NEVER saw anything like that!

Have you driven to Sugarloaf USA with your bike yet? Awesome twisties ... never done it on my bike but it was a blast with my Jetta TDI
Hope to try it out this fall around foliage season.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nope I haven't been up sugerloaf we did a ride out to Moose head this year. I plan to do some mods to the bike over the winter. Sounds like we are in for a tough winter and I thought last year was bad. Ha :-\

·
Super Moderator
8,820 Posts
Head on down to Farmington and then hang west for Sugarloaf ... you gotta do it before the snow flies!

Beautiful country roads but watch out for the local po-po ... they don't like speeders and bikers even less.

I am thinking of going up there next weekend if this sucky rainy weather stops.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
it is too cold for me and too wet latley. I have to take my license test on Nov 1st!! that will be fun and cold. You are in Nashua?? My mom lives there. I like it down there.

do you have after market exhaust on your bike?? I am looking for the kind that higher (closer to the seat) with a nice deep sound. Any suggestions???

·
Super Moderator
8,820 Posts
I was told by several inspection stations this year that next year they will fail motorcycles that have an aftermarket racing exhaust.

I am going to wait and see if it happens before I put that kind of money down.

I prefer putting my money on the suspension and it has totally transformed the bike.
Next for me is pilot powers ...

After that ... maybe some bling ... who knows?

·
Super Moderator
8,820 Posts
65 on the main ones that go thru the frame.
20 on the swingarm spools.

I did look on his website and it is not posted there >>> Nate ... you there ;D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts