Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to put frame sliders on my bike. How should i go about doing this? Do the bolts need to be torqued? Any info would be great. Thanks in advance.

Dravyn

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
You should get these:

www.motosliders.com

The instructions give you the proper torque values for the engine mount bolt.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Defintely go with motosliders (I've used/tested them on my race SV, and so have several other of the racers up here), and as mentioned in the previous post all the parts & instructions needed are supplied.

·
Registered
17 Posts
i use bikesliders... a 2 piece slider with replacable pucks... i've crash tested them, they hold great!

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
Dravyn said:
I'm going to put frame sliders on my bike. How should i go about doing this? Do the bolts need to be torqued? Any info would be great. Thanks in advance.

Dravyn
So what do you have?? Honda?? Yamaha?? Ducati??

:roll:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've got a similar question, so I hope you dont mind me butting in on this thread.

I guess I cheaped out after taking a look at those Motosliders. Instead I picked up an E-bay special on Shogun frame sliders for my '99 SV650.

My question is on the torque specs for these sliders, their location is different from motosliders (take a look here http://www.moto911.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=55_77_244&products_id=245) So far, my best bet is the link in the Tips-n-Tricks section of this site which has these bolts torqued at 40 lbs. Sounds good, but I just wanted to get a few more references from you guys just to be safe.

Thanks much

·
Registered
17 Posts
torque specs.... what are those? :lol:

i just snugged mine in pretty good.. if i went out and meassured them i' guess they be at 45-50 ft/lbs....

·
Registered
53 Posts
Weasel5000 said:
I've got a similar question, so I hope you dont mind me butting in on this thread.

I guess I cheaped out after taking a look at those Motosliders.  Instead I picked up an E-bay special on Shogun frame sliders for my '99 SV650.

My question is on the torque specs for these sliders, their location is different from motosliders (take a look here http://www.moto911.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=55_77_244&products_id=245)     So far, my best bet is the link in the Tips-n-Tricks section of this site which has these bolts torqued at 40 lbs.  Sounds good, but I just wanted to get a few more references from you guys just to be safe.

Thanks much
i bought the sameones. on the right side i smack my leg on the slider all the time. it sucks...

·
Registered
359 Posts
Should have gone with that everyone has told you to get.... Plus arn't those too short to clear the radiator?

·
Registered
73 Posts
i just installed motosliders on mine a few days ago... torque em at 65lbs according to the instructions

1 - 10 of 10 Posts