Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard good and bad things about no cut frame sliders. I hear they're good for just drops in the garage and in parking lots, but crap when your up to speed on the road and cause more harm than good. Just wondering if they are worth it and if they are, what brands should I stick to for my '08 sv650s. Thanks

·
Registered
827 Posts
I've heard good and bad things about no cut frame sliders. I hear they're good for just drops in the garage and in parking lots, but crap when your up to speed on the road and cause more harm than good. Just wondering if they are worth it and if they are, what brands should I stick to for my '08 sv650s. Thanks
Only good for drops in parking lots? GTFOH. More harm than good when you're up to speed? Absolutely not. That's why they're called frame sliders, they slide on the asphalt so your plastics & other vulnerable components don't take the brunt of the damage.

Wherever you heard this barracks lawyer half witted advice don't ever go there again.

Just browse the forum about others who have either low speed dropped or had a lowside and they'll always say how they wish they had frame sliders. a lot of expensive unnecessary damage could have been prevented with some ~$130 motosliders.

I have R&G sliders, a bit more expensive but motosliders was taking too long at the time for frame sliders for S model 2nd gens.

Get some. Refresh the page until you see motosliders at the top banner ad.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Only good for drops in parking lots? GTFOH. More harm than good when you're up to speed? Absolutely not. That's why they're called frame sliders, they slide on the asphalt so your plastics & other vulnerable components don't take the brunt of the damage.

Wherever you heard this barracks lawyer half witted advice don't ever go there again.

Just browse the forum about others who have either low speed dropped or had a lowside and they'll always say how they wish they had frame sliders. a lot of expensive unnecessary damage could have been prevented with some ~$130 motosliders.

I have R&G sliders, a bit more expensive but motosliders was taking too long at the time for frame sliders for S model 2nd gens.

Get some. Refresh the page until you see motosliders at the top banner ad.
Depends on the brand you get. The OEM Suzuke no-cut sliders are crap, and may do more harm than good.

The no-cut Motosliders and R&G sliders are better.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Depends on the brand you get. The OEM Suzuke no-cut sliders are crap, and may do more harm than good.
Very true; the OEM sliders fit on the end of a levered steel bracket, which is prone to cracking. Add sliding forces for a higher speed drop, and the frame likes to crack too. Solving this was the motive behind the sliders from R&G and Motosliders.

I have the Motosliders set and am fantastically pleased with them. +1

http://www.motosliders.com/MS-5.html

·
Registered
301 Posts
I have motorsliders but haven't tested them. Be prepared for this thread to blow up.

You should get a set of these and be glad you have them when you do go down.
http://forum.svrider.com/showthread.php?t=95281&highlight=sliders

PS: try google searching this forum. This question/debate has come up many times. go to google and type in "frame sliders site:svrider.com" and it will bring up all the posts on this forum that have to do with frame sliders.

·
Registered
7 Posts
i have also been considering frame sliders. but i was a little hesitant because i have heard that going down at speed can harm the frame. I have looked at the motosliders and have heard nothing but good things. But im also a college student with little money so I started looking on ebay and found these. They seem similar to the design of the motosliders. any thoughts???

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Suzu...ms=72:1205|65:12|39:1|240:1318#ht_1584wt_1107

·
Premium Member
4,844 Posts
i have also been considering frame sliders. but i was a little hesitant because i have heard that going down at speed can harm the frame. I have looked at the motosliders and have heard nothing but good things. But im also a college student with little money so I started looking on ebay and found these. They seem similar to the design of the motosliders. any thoughts???

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Suzu...ms=72:1205|65:12|39:1|240:1318#ht_1584wt_1107
Those look pretty good to me. I would go for it, Motosliders are really good, but not sacred...

;)

·
Registered
704 Posts

Hmm, I sure like the price. Wonder who the mfg is.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have the Woodcraft silders. They work great. At last years track day I low sided it in a hairpin and ended up with only bent handlebars. And everyone knows if you bend your handlebars you need an GSXR front end swap.

·
Registered
102 Posts
+1000 first mod. i have puig mushroom sliders that have been tested once at 45 mph and worked just like they were suppose ro. even pru otected my exhaust.

·
SV Hadder
10,486 Posts
I think so

I think zach is trying to make a point that the SV-S style motosliders have not been tested as much as the nakeds
yes, nocut means they can be used with the factory lower fairings and utilize the hole already in them.

the ONLY motoslider nocut set (the prototype) that has been crash tested so far fell apart upon impact.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Hmmm thats no bueno! i been looking into getting some since b4 i got vixen but worried about the thin bracket from said hole to the frame being easily bustable. ill check out the other posts b4 i decide i guess. i want some but whats the point if they snap off the 08. in that case with or w/o the fairings will be shreaded.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts