Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought some frame sliders and am ready to install. Here are the instructions:

Use the shorter slider and the shorter bolt on the left side. Repeat process on right side using longer slider and shorter bolt.

If I'm anywhere near sane, I've used the shorter bolt twice and negleged the longer bolt altogether..... I've done some searching on the 'net and am still confused.... do I

a) use the shorter bolt with the shorter slider (and visa versa); or
b) use the shorter bolt with the longer slider (and visa versa)

any help would be appreciated!

j

Y

·
0 Posts
Pull out the stock bolts in the places the sliders go, and use the coninsiding bolts... For the stock bolts that come out, one side will be longer, and you used the longer bolted frame slider on that side.

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
Yep - What Yellow said. Use the stock bolts as a guide to which one gets the 'shorter' of the 'short' bolts. :)

And to Yellow - it's spelled 'coinciding'.

:wink:

·
Registered
830 Posts
1st step - sell these on ebay
2nd step - buy the ones with one bolt that goes all the way though the engine.

the ones you have are probably shorter then the ones that go all the way through. also the right slider is so close to your knee. when i'm pivoting around the tank i hit my knee. it's painful.

·
Registered
53 Posts
yellow650 said:
1st step - sell these on ebay
2nd step - buy the ones with one bolt that goes all the way though the engine.  

the ones you have are probably shorter then the ones that go all the way through.  also the right slider is so close to your knee.  when i'm pivoting around the tank i hit my knee.  it's painful.
thanks i thought i was the only one that had this problem. looks like i'm going to switch my sliders.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts