Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guyz, i just got a 2002 SV with full fairings and I'm curious as to where I should put the frame sliders because the fairings doesn't seem to have an ideal location to put a hole in...those of you that have the same bike and same fairings (see link below) where did you put your frame sliders? and a pic of it would be nice if you have one... thanks!!!

http://www.sv650.org/gallery/pic27/robert Picture 048.jpg
not my bike but same fairings and same look...

·
Registered
40 Posts
My frame sliders from motosliders.com mount though the main engine mount bolt hole and actually replace the stock engine mount to create a very strong base. I don't know what kind of sliders you have, but they seem to be made to mount in all kinds of different places. You may have to drill a hole in your bodywork to get them to fit properly, but it's a small sacrifice for the added protection that you will hopefully never have to use ;)

·
Vendor
966 Posts
If you order motosliders, with that fairing all you need to do is take a drum sanding attachment on a drill and sand away a bit. No cutting holes. And if you use a sharpie to darken the sanded edge, it still looks great!

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
sv650nate said:
If you order motosliders, with that fairing all you need to do is take a drum sanding attachment on a drill and sand away a bit. No cutting holes. And if you use a sharpie to darken the sanded edge, it still looks great!
you know, if you provided a template and instructions, you'd probably see a pretty nice increase in sales!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts