Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really really hated the stock frame sliders for the 2k8 Sv's. I wanted to get the r&g's but I would have to buy brand new bases and sliders again if I dropped the bike. I talked to nuclear and he was extremely gracious enough to hook me up with a set and also kind enough to go ahead and throw in the model that accepted vortex pucks. Here is the pics of the install and if you have any question please let me know. Oh and I also know that my bike is very dirty and that these pictures are not the best, but the light was fading fast and I was freezing.

The End

· Registered
50 Posts
Yeah I was just reading in that thread and on 1/30 MotoSliders said it would be 2 more weeks. I've already pm'd him so maybe they'll have them out in that time frame if he doesn't have anymore.

· Registered
5,226 Posts
They do look really good on the dark blue. I think I'll keep mine with the half though. Plus the fairings cost $$$.

· Registered
963 Posts
Nice i like it. question though. I have a naked 07 and I put vortex sliders on because I like the "idea" of just replacing the outer part and not the puck if the bike goes down. these sliders go on extremely easy on the naked.
Question is-these do not go all they way through the frame like motosliders, do they provide the same protection? And is it as easy as advertised, you just replace the outer part when put in "use" not the whole thing. Obviously nobody tests their framesliders on purpose. Somehow I feel that if you need the strength of going all the way through the frame with the bolt during a certain crash. The sliders are going to be the least of your worries.

· Registered
5,226 Posts
Nice i like it. question though. I have a naked 07 and I put vortex sliders on because I like the "idea" of just replacing the outer part and not the puck if the bike goes down. these sliders go on extremely easy on the naked.
Question is-these do not go all they way through the frame like motosliders, do they provide the same protection? And is it as easy as advertised, you just replace the outer part when put in "use" not the whole thing. Obviously nobody tests their framesliders on purpose. Somehow I feel that if you need the strength of going all the way through the frame with the bolt during a certain crash. The sliders are going to be the least of your worries.
I'm sure there are others with much more experience with this than me, but I'll pass on what I've heard. The Vortex (which I use) do not pass all the way through the frame. I don't believe they provide any less protection than motosliders. I have heard of other board members unintentionally testing them and having them work great. A single bolt is a weak point though, and that could cause a problem in a crash due to the force being so focused, but I haven't heard of it happening yet. On the flip side, a ton of people have used motosliders with great success. They disperse energy across through the bolt to try and lessen the damage which should increase their reliability. However I've also heard about that causing damage to the frame/engine since the force gets transferred through so much of the bike. Of course at that point you're probably sh*t out of luck anyway, so that point may be moot. I'd say go with the ones you like. People trust both and I've heard of both being crash proven.

Just found this: http://forum.svrider.com/showpost.php?p=1119518&postcount=19

· Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm sure there are others with much more experience with this than me, but I'll pass on what I've heard. The Vortex (which I use) do not pass all the way through the frame. I don't believe they provide any less protection than motosliders. I have heard of other board members unintentionally testing them and having them work great. A single bolt is a weak point though, and that could cause a problem in a crash due to the force being so focused, but I haven't heard of it happening yet. On the flip side, a ton of people have used motosliders with great success. They disperse energy across through the bolt to try and lessen the damage which should increase their reliability. However I've also heard about that causing damage to the frame/engine since the force gets transferred through so much of the bike. Of course at that point you're probably sh*t out of luck anyway, so that point may be moot. I'd say go with the ones you like. People trust both and I've heard of both being crash proven.

Just found this: http://forum.svrider.com/showpost.php?p=1119518&postcount=19
Thanks for answering that for me b/c I was a little lost. I personally like the vortex because of the design and the ease of assembly and such. This kit that is on my bike now actually has a bolt that goes all the way through the rear engine mount as well as the front two engine bolts that were just like the vortex base kit, so i guess i got the best of both worlds on that issue. These are just like the R&G setup but they are just more flush with the bike and with this kit you can replace only the pucks instead of the whole kit like R&G would make you do. Hope that helps .. maybe

· Registered
59 Posts
Good decision on getting these. I got one of the last three nuclear had a while back. I'm soooo glad I picked up a set when I did b/c its taking a lot longer for the manufacture to get the sets out.

One of the best mods to this date.

Thanks again nuclear

· Registered
100 Posts
We should have them late this week. Thursday or Friday. $124.95 from us, and we'll post in the Vendor forum and a couple other related threads when they are available.
Will your dealers have them around the same time or shortly after as well?

· Vendor
1,000 Posts
Zippy, we are certainly closer. We're going to get the new sliders on the market, and then start working on a new batch of the regular frame sliders. What side did you need? We found a couple left side sliders this weekend when counting inventory of parts.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.