Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. As the title would leave you to believe pretty new to work on my sv. I was changing the chain and sprockets and tires today and popped the fairings off as I noticed the spot for frame sliders wasnt there. Well this thing is pretty loose it looks like the weld may be damaged? I tried doing a bit of googling but I couldnt find a name for this part. What's my next step here to fix this? Purchasing some kind of frame slider kit? Thanks for any help!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
To clarify, the entire part is loose and can rotate around the bolt its on. though it also looks like the weld may be damaged, but nothing moves on the part itself

·
Registered
7,074 Posts
I believe that is the side lower fairing stay. The mounting bolt doesn't go through the motor, it's only 3-4" long and threads into one side of the head. I believe the big hex bolt just above your red outline is the one that goes through from one side to the other, but it's been a long time since I installed my frame sliders.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I believe that is the side lower fairing stay. The mounting bolt doesn't go through the motor, it's only 3-4" long and threads into one side of the head. I believe the big hex bolt just above your red outline is the one that goes through from one side to the other, but it's been a long time since I installed my frame sliders.
Ahhh this makes sense. Thanks so much for the response, you got me on the right track!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts