Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, would just like to say hi to everyone

I have a 04 svs and i got into an accident just recently where I hit a car from the side right by the rear bumper going about ~20-25 mph.
My radiator is bent along with scratches on my upper fairing.
Unfortunatly, the radiator got pushed back far enough that it left a small dent (less then an inch) on the right-front side of the frame.

My question is this.. does a dent in the frame automatically comprise the frame's integrity to the point of being dangerous?

I'm a little worried because insurance is still battling it out and have not come to a decision yet. And I have liability only, so I might have to cover the costs out of my pocket.

Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
398 Posts
jcc9283 said:
I have a 04 svs... And I have liability only, so I might have to cover the costs out of my pocket.

Ouch. 04 and no collision? I think most companies total a bike if there is any frame damage usually, but I dont know if they can do that since its not insured. You are better off having a local pro look at it, but Id think any dent would weaken the frame. Enough to be dangerous, no idea. But deffinately weaker.

·
Registered
397 Posts
You might wanna get it looked at by an inspector just to make sure. Last thing you want is for your frame to buckle under pressure. The little dent really shouldn't be too big a problem though.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the responses guys...
i dont have a digi cam so i cant upload any pics...
ill get it looked at asap and hopefully everything will be fine.

shekshi- u live in rockville? I'm in gaithersburg... what do you do?

·
Registered
836 Posts
A professional can take an image of the frame using special equipment to determine whether there are hidden fractures or stress ripples which are invisible from the outside.

That being said...it's unlikely there's a problem....frame's the toughest part of the bike.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts