Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey SVers, does anybody know where I can take my 2007 SV650s's frame for inspection? I recently hit a deer, throwing me off my bike, leaving it to run into a ditch. Lots of things are wrecked, but the (middle, and main) frame honestly looks fine. Do bike shops inspect frames? Is there a professional way of getting it inspected?

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Give Brian a call, 647 965 4204. He's at Markham/Kingston Rd but does house calls. If he can't do it himself, he'll probably know of someone who can.

Tell him Jeff on the silver SV told you to call.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I'll be giving him a call soon. He can inspect the frame when everything is still attached? I'm kind of dreading taking a part EVERYTHING. I've already taken off the headlight and fairing stay, and the aTRE I installed, but that's about it. I'll be working on the gas tank when I wake up before I go to work.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
I'm not sure if he has the equipment at the shop but he's a straight up guy and will be able to give you a point in the right direction.

·
Registered
683 Posts
There's really no way to do a full inspection with everything on it. An idea of the condition could be provided, but even then, I recommend stripping it bare. That may be just me...I was working with metal from a higher impact accident.

The fatal flaw in the frame I've been rebuilding wasn't revealed until it was bare and completely clean of all dirt and residue. There sat a crack in the metal, on the inner side where the engine would have been sitting and hiding it from view. I obviously can't use the frame now on the rebuild...but it's going to make an awesome bar!

Btw...I stripped it to have it straightened...it was suspected to be a hair warped. I don't think I would have taken it entirely apart if it was thought to be fine. But again...this bike slammed concrete...not a deer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts