Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A little background info: in this cowpoke hicktown I live in, there are apporoximately 12 City Of Liberty Hill Doge Chargers, and umpteen officers for a town with a population of 1500. PLUS, State and County boys prowling around, PLUS whatever the hell a 'Constable' is. YeeHaw :rolleyes:

Riding home from work today, of course it's ridiculously hot, passed a cop going the other way. Since I KNOW the speed limit drops from 65 to 55, and I KNOW that Roscoe is always waiting right there, I had slowed down (just like I do every day). I didn't think nuthin of passing the cop, cuz I KNOW I wasn't speeding.
Got to the light, stopped, and noticed a car that had apparently closed in behind me cuz he wasn't there a mile ago (but it wasn't the cop), also noticed the nice old lady in the F150 next to me doing needlepoint while she waited for the light :eek:, I also noticed the big SUV in front of me and the gravel hauler next to her. Read: plenty of traffic.
Light green, we go. Luckily, the soccer-mom is with the program so I can get away from the gravel hauler, and get over to make the turn into my sub.
Nothing crazy, make the turn, 2nd gear through the sub, pull in the driveway, GET OFF THE BIKE, open the garage, Barney Fife pulls up and toots the siren. ???
A-hole gives me the Tough-Guy Syndrome (in MY driveway) and then writes me for 66 in a 55. I didn't even TRY and argue with him, not after that little old lady got tasered down in Austin and this guy looked like he had an itchy finger. :mad:

I realize it's unfair to stereotype ALL cops on account of a bad few, but that's tough crap. It's no more fair to assume the guy on the motorcycle was the one speeding. :angry4:

PS: You LOOK like a Stoops, Officer Stoops. :nana:

·
Registered
287 Posts
take it to court!!
:D

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
Ugh... maybe it's time to get a GPS with second-by-second recording as your proof. It would be fun to have and would certainly be pretty good evidence.

On second thought, maybe all that technology for those yahoos wouldn't be believable.

·
Registered
599 Posts
god i hate cops. especially when they act all righteous. "i'm about to pull this next guy over so you can feel better" how does someone elses misfortune at your hands make me feel better? you dying actually would put a huge grin on my face. thanks.
last time i got pulled over, the a-hole had his little dumb tripod set up and was just getting car after car after car at this one specific spot where the speed limit is unreasonably low. he was a harley cop so i thought maybe he would have mercy on a fellow biker..nope. they're all the same: only care about giving tickets, when they are really needed they're not there. basically they're money makers for the district. that's it.

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ugh... maybe it's time to get a GPS with second-by-second recording as your proof. It would be fun to have and would certainly be pretty good evidence.

On second thought, maybe all that technology for those yahoos wouldn't be believable.
Better idea: Move to Round Rock at the end of July and never step foot in Liberty Hell again.

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
Better idea: Move to Round Rock at the end of July and never step foot in Liberty Hell again.
You doing that? Round Rock has become a very busy metropolitan area now. The WilCo cops aren't much better than Liberty Hill's.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Zabasearch the cop.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Tell the cop a joke that usually helps. Say something like...

I bet I can grab your gun before you finish writing that ticket...

He'll crack up and let you off with a warning. Works every time :)

·
Registered
2 Posts

Bad idea. That would sooo tick the cop off, don't try that.

And definantly take this to court. Just yesterday sister got of really easy on a big ticket by taking it to court and pleading guilty (not that you should plead guilty)

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
You got a ticket for 10 over?!?!? After all that distance too?? Cops down here don't do anything till you're past 12 over as they themselves are doing 10 to 15 over on most roads while on patrol.

Type A personality cops suck monkey nuts in a big way!!!!!!!! :rant:

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Did you not read the part about the little old lady getting tasered on a traffic stop ?
Besides that, I spied his sidearm. It was NOT a regular issue, it was a uber-zoomie aftermaket jobber. ie: more tough-guy BS.

·
Premium Member
3,311 Posts
you should have just shot him.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Bad idea. That would sooo tick the cop off, don't try that.

And definantly take this to court. Just yesterday sister got of really easy on a big ticket by taking it to court and pleading guilty (not that you should plead guilty)
i believe he was joking..

Did you not read the part about the little old lady getting tasered on a traffic stop ?
Besides that, I spied his sidearm. It was NOT a regular issue, it was a uber-zoomie aftermaket jobber. ie: more tough-guy BS.
if we're talking about the same grandma, she resisted the whole time, didn't listen to the leo at all and even tried to reenter her vehicle and leave. i know i'm going to get grief for this but she was totally asking for it.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Thats crazy, all that trouble to give you a ticket you will probably get out of in court anyway. Here in (northern) NJ, there must be an un-written rule that cops dont pull over bikers. Something having to do with the stats on accidents when people try to run on a bike, I think. I have only seen 1, seriously 1, bike pulled over ever, and that was years ago. So there is at least one good reason to live here in the armpit of America.

·
Registered
5,007 Posts

I'm thinking Slave doesn't need an electronic gadget, logging all of his hooligan activities. ;)

Slave....See, right here yer honor, where the Officer says I was going 66, I was actually going 57.
Judge....Well, yes, but if you look at a mere half mile before that 57, this here GPS gadget says that you were going 104. Bailiff, strip search Mr Slave.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Thats crazy, all that trouble to give you a ticket you will probably get out of in court anyway. Here in (northern) NJ, there must be an un-written rule that cops dont pull over bikers. Something having to do with the stats on accidents when people try to run on a bike, I think. I have only seen 1, seriously 1, bike pulled over ever, and that was years ago. So there is at least one good reason to live here in the armpit of America.
Go to the NY/NJ ride thread in the northeast forum and you can find some guys that will show you the proper way to get a ticket in northern NJ.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Here in Southern California, we wait till a copy passes (there are tons) and follow them. They typically roll at 95mph. No ticket. ;)

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Hey...do you live in Alice, Tx? I remember how fecking crapshot the cops were down there. Least the ones in Freer were cool.

good luck man, some cops are...well I think you said it all about him ;)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts