Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does any one know if fox makes a shock for second gens??

·
Super Moderator
8,820 Posts
I like Fox shocks, had one on my motocross ... did a good job!

When shopping for shock for the SV, I noticed that they were conspicuously absent from any listing for second gens.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i noticed the same thing.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
NO they don't  I have a Fox on my 2nd gen. I bought a used 96/97 600 Gsxr Fox shock for mine, it didn't work for s**t. Damping and spring rate was way off.(too light) So I called Fox to see if they could help me with my problem, they said yes untill I told them I had a 03. Then they told me they had no spec's for the newer models. So I called Traxxion Dynamics(770-592-3823) and talked to Mike, he told me no problem they could fix it. They totally rebuilt it with new valving a heavier spring (400 to 475lb) Shortened it from 14" to 13" (stock length) just put it back on haven't went anywhere really yet, just to and from work but I can tell it is MUCH better than stock. I grew up in the town of Campbell, Ca where Fox first started their business so I'm kinda fond of Fox products. This is my 3rd Fox shock I have had over the years.total price for the rebuild was $362.00 my bike rides much better now that I have the Fox on the back and Race Tech emulators / springs in the front. Totally changed the bike, yea!  My total cost for this shock 282.00 off e-bay  362.00 rebuild + shipping $660.00 I know that's what a new shock would cost, but I had to have a FOX. Traxxion rocks. ;D I have a couple of pics of the shock on the bike but don't know how to transfer them to here. I could e-mail them to ya.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts