Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all im a relative noob to motorcycles, and i have an 05 svs, but i was just looking at svraceshop website and they list two fork upgrades one for like 300 something which involves an exchange. and then another one that doesnt invovlve an exhange for 500 omsething. is that 500 for an entire set of modified forks? i feel like im reading the website incorrectly.

·
Registered
744 Posts
It's 300 something if you send them your fork, it's 500 something if you don't.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Correct, we charge $200 more to provide a full set of forks. You also have the option to purchase the full upgrade, we'll ship you an upgraded set of forks, and then you can send us your stock forks (assuming they're in good condition) and we'll give you a $200 credit back.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Zoltan is correct.  Exchange is less expensive. We also offer drop in if you want to do the work yourself, but it isn't listed on the site. Saves a little, but more chance for error.  We are finally caught up with suspension and turn around time has dropped dramatically.  ;)

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
DucOwner said:
Zoltan is correct.  Exchange is less expensive. We also offer drop in if you want to do the work yourself, but it isn't listed on the site. Saves a little, but more chance for error.  We are finally caught up with suspension and turn around time has dropped dramatically.  ;)
how much for the drop-ins? I am assuming that is the emulator and rod right?

·
Registered
140 Posts
When you send in your forks for exchange, or go the full mod option, what kind of condition are the return forks in? I know it may vary but typically. I just bought my SV and I'm looking into getting them modded. My forks are brand new so I'd hate to send them in and get an exhange set that are 2 years old.

·
Registered
505 Posts
MikeB said:
When you send in your forks for exchange, or go the full mod option, what kind of condition are the return forks in?  I know it may vary but typically.  I just bought my SV and I'm looking into getting them modded.  My forks are brand new so I'd hate to send them in and get an exhange set that are 2 years old.
You'd be better of having us upgrade your forks if you're going to be really concerned with new-like appearance. We're dealing with used pieces, and we don't use things that are all beat up or anything, but a used fork is still not perfectly new. If they were new, they'd cost $1200! ;)

·
Registered
505 Posts
syntheticton said:
how much for the drop-ins? I am assuming that is the emulator and rod right?
We don't really market a drop-in kit, it's something that we normally only do for customers who are already doing other business with us, like buying a shock. Price depends if you are modding your own damper rods or if you want us to provide a modded set of rods.

·
Registered
140 Posts
jarelj said:
You'd be better of having us upgrade your forks if you're going to be really concerned with new-like appearance.  We're dealing with used pieces, and we don't use things that are all beat up or anything, but a used fork is still not perfectly new.  If they were new, they'd cost $1200!   ;)
Yeah, I didn't expect them to be perfect or anything. I will probably have mine upgraded like you suggest. Waiting on some $$$ so I can get the front and rear done at the same time. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
505 Posts
nismoTT said:
im probably gonna do the exchange on the forks. whats th e turn around time typically?
We normally try to get exchange orders turned around as quick as possible, since we know you're sitting there with a bike up on blocks waiting for the parts. As long as we don't get caught short-handed on parts or have a backlog of orders to work through, it's normally within a few days. However, we're not a big shop so we have gotten backed up a couple of times and it has taken longer. We can't make a guarantee, all we can say for sure is that we're working our tails off till late at night almost every day! ;)

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
I assume ^this^ all applies to stock SV forks. What are the rates for just lenghtening GSXR forks, or revalving and lengthening?

·
Registered
505 Posts
GeorgeZboy said:
I assume ^this^ all applies to stock SV forks. What are the rates for just lenghtening GSXR forks, or revalving and lengthening?
Depends on what exactly you want done, type of valves (stock or gold), etc. Just e-mail the shop with what you're looking for and we can get you a quote. [email protected]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts