Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

Fork Stanchion Repaint Color Preference ?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The lower fork stanchions on my '03 650N show some 'wear' to the finish, flaking off in spots. So I'm gonna get them cleaned up and plan to 'rattle can' a decent finish back on them.
I'm on the fence with keeping the stock silver color, or going Black or Bronze... some variation of 'satin' finish.
what would be your preference?
also thinking to add some 'helicopter tape' to the leading side after the paint job... depends how 'obvious' it might appear...
03 stock color is a predominantly 'Silver' for the bike in general, so a little accent might be nice...?
Tire Sky Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire

Black, then stock Silver, then Bronze ( I'll prolly 'lose' the reflector, but maybe not... LOL!)
Ride On
Yuri

·
Registered
61 Posts
So I voted Silver because I think that looks best as presented in the three photos. But if you are going to paint the frame to match then I agree with the above posters who say black.

·
Registered
197 Posts
The black immediately drew my eye. There’s just enough black on the rest of the bike to accent it. If you could lighten it up to match the engine colour, that bronze would look good, too!

·
Registered
2000 SV650 N
1,165 Posts
Silver. I like silver.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Just an opinion. Since this is an '03, if you've never 'rebuilt'
the front forks with a bushing/seal/oil kit, then you should start
there - which involves removing the lower sliders. Since you'll
have the sliders off - get them powdercoated in whatever color
is your favorite... I've done this on several Harleys and the
powdercoat seems to be very durable...

good luck,

T.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The lower fork stanchions on my '03 650N show some 'wear' to the finish, flaking off in spots. So I'm gonna get them cleaned up and plan to 'rattle can' a decent finish back on them.
I'm on the fence with keeping the stock silver color, or going Black or Bronze... some variation of 'satin' finish.
what would be your preference?
also thinking to add some 'helicopter tape' to the leading side after the paint job... depends how 'obvious' it might appear...
03 stock color is a predominantly 'Silver' for the bike in general, so a little accent might be nice...? View attachment 61608
Black, then stock Silver, then Bronze ( I'll prolly 'lose' the reflector, but maybe not... LOL!)
Ride On
Yuri
id say were your frame black, go black but being as its siver finsh id stick with something closer to the silver, as for the bronze, i give that a thumbs down , how about you ebert, whats your take on this?!! lmao

·
Registered
2000 SV650 N
1,165 Posts
I like that a lot. Nice choice.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts