Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I first got the SV650, I did some research on other forums, maybe it was on here not sure. Either way, I was told the weakest part of the 1st Gen SV650s is the front fork springs. I was told the best thing to do was to go to Sonic Springs and talk to them.

"You'll need some 0.85 springs and 20w oil, that will get the front end under control." Is what they said.

Sound like a good plan?

When I first got the bike, I had never even been on a bike, so what did I know right? LOL. And even now, this is still the only one I have been on. I feel like it rides fine, maybe could be a little stiffer or respond a little better, but otherwise I have always been impressed.

But I would like to start doing some upgrades if they are warranted.

·
Registered
199 Posts
http://www.svrider.com/forum/showthread.php?t=141538&highlight= thats the best thread on here, i did it with the cheaper emulators posted about halfway on the 1st page. i went with the .90 kg and 30w oil from redline. honestly there are a little too stiff now but in the fall i have to order another part for them that was slightly messed up so when i open them back up im going to back of the emulator a little and that should hopefully get them just right ( i have them at 4 turns im going to set them at 2)

·
Registered
5,429 Posts
http://www.svrider.com/forum/showthread.php?t=141538&highlight= thats the best thread on here, i did it with the cheaper emulators posted about halfway on the 1st page. i went with the .90 kg and 30w oil from redline. honestly there are a little too stiff now but in the fall i have to order another part for them that was slightly messed up so when i open them back up im going to back of the emulator a little and that should hopefully get them just right ( i have them at 4 turns im going to set them at 2)
30w and 4 turns!! No surprise it's stiff. :) 20w and 2 turns would be a lot better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts