Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I'm going to replace my fork springs plus the oil, but want to get my fork brace (the lower part) powder coated. Can i leave the forks disassembled for a month? Any precautions I should take?

Cheers,

Toy

·
Registered
5,429 Posts
Nothing really to worry about except bugs living in there.
No need though to leave the forks disassembled, just do whatever you're going do to them when you take the fork brace off and seal them back up. Then put them back on the bike when the fork brace is ready.

Hey,

I'm going to replace my fork springs plus the oil, but want to get my fork brace (the lower part) powder coated. Can i leave the forks disassembled for a month? Any precautions I should take?

Cheers,

Toy

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nothing really to worry about except bugs living in there.
No need though to leave the forks disassembled, just do whatever you're going do to them when you take the fork brace off and seal them back up. Then put them back on the bike when the fork brace is ready.
I just googled fork brace and i think we mean something else. I mean the lower part of the fork that has a bigger diameter. ( outer tube?)

Am I safe to spray everything with water and then plastic wrap it to prevent dust from getting in?

·
Registered
9,123 Posts
Spray with water? Just take the internals out, leave the fork oil on the parts and just cover with an old towel. Keep the two fork internals separate and labeled so you re-install the same parts back into the same lower stanchion.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts