Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which weight fork oil do you expierenced riders think i shoud run in my 01 Svs........the stock oil seems too soft..............15w mabye??_____5TOEZ______i weigh 125lbs.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Do you have emulators? I wouldn't use 20wt without emulators, but I weigh 135 (naked) and with 20wt, emulators, and stock springs, the bike is pretty well set up.

·
Registered
5,460 Posts
fivetoez said:
Which weight fork oil do you expierenced riders think i shoud run in my 01 Svs........the stock oil seems too soft..............15w mabye??_____5TOEZ______i weigh 125lbs.
The 15w is the way to go, set at level of 105mm. Stock springs are ok for your weight, unless you're planning on racing.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
coyote said:
try 15 .  how do you ride ?
Fairly agressivley........i'll try the 15w!________5TOEZ_______im ashamed to say i haven't done ANYTHING to my forks in 47 thousand miles ::)

·
Registered
5,460 Posts
fivetoez said:
Fairly agressivley........i'll try the 15w!________5TOEZ_______im ashamed to say i haven't done ANYTHING to my forks in 47 thousand miles ::)
Whew, you're gonna have some major crapola down in there. ;D Really, you should take them completely apart, clean everything thoroughly, and check the bushings for wear. New ones would probably be a good idea. If you're not up for that, at the very least buy an extra quart of fork oil and flush them out good before refilling and setting the level.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts