Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I just arrived at this (huge) forum, done all the search I could and still couldn't find an answer. Could someone tell me what is the distance between the SV650S forks?
I just found a cheap front end on the net, I know its 41mm diameter, but nowhere on the whole wide net I can't find a database with info on fork swaps.
Any help much appreciated.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I had, and I did once more just to be sure. I did find a very useful chart on TLs and GSXRs but not the SV measurements

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey guys and girls, give a hand in this, will you?
I just need the distance between the forks, centre to centre or not, I can't just find any bike on the street and start measuring, I'd be busted
Is this info available somewhere in a thread? Just point me in the right direction

·
Registered
199 Posts
willing to help out but not sure what you want. the distance in between the 2 forks? like if i were to take a tape measure and see how much space there is from the left fork to the right one? from the triple tree? from right above the wheel?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
willing to help out but not sure what you want. the distance in between the 2 forks? like if i were to take a tape measure and see how much space there is from the left fork to the right one? from the triple tree? from right above the wheel?
That's exactly it! It can be done either above the top yoke, or just below the bottom yoke. Measure the distance between the two forks, either centre to centre (if you do it above the top yoke, you can use a ruler), or if measuring under the bottom yoke, I use an A4 paper folded until it slides between the forks. Then measure it. Just tell me if the measurement is centre to centre or between forks.
All that is in case the accurate vernier calipers are not handy.
Much obliged...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Drinbrew,

thanks a lot! A more accurate measurement would be beneficial, but this is good for now

·
Premium Member
3,098 Posts
i know this thread is older and not sur if the info is needed, but i just got done making a template to drill my top triple for handlebars. the fork tubes are 204.5 mm apart, center to center

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hey guys and girls, give a hand in this, will you?
I just need the distance between the forks, centre to centre or not, I can't just find any bike on the street and start measuring, I'd be busted
Is this info available somewhere in a thread? Just point me in the right direction

·
Registered
54 Posts
The distance between the forks is set by the triple tree, that is if I understand your question correctly. So what are you needing to check??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts