Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of removing the inner fork tubes for straightening. I've got the inner tube out and removed the oil seal and bottom "metal" gasket ring. Now, at the very bottom of the inner fork tube is a white plastic "cap" looking thing. The manual calls it an "oil lock piece". It spins freely, but won't just pop off of the bottom of the tube. The instructions just say to remove it, but I don't see how.

I really don't want to break it, so I'm hoping someone on the board can tell me how to get this out. I need to strip the tubes so I can send them off for repair.

On the same note, what does everyone use for fork seals, aftermarket or OEM Suzuki parts?

Thanks
mikemo

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Excellent, Thanks!

I put the damper back in to the tube, then threaded a bolt in to the bottom which gave me something to hold on to. I gave the bolt a little yank and the plastic "oil lock piece" popped right out.

Sorry about the paranoia, but I've always followed the advice my father gave me: "if it doesn't go easy, it doesn't go". I know that doesn't always apply, but it does keep me from breaking too much stuff. ;D

regards,
mikemo

1 - 3 of 3 Posts