Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I wrote to the Geek in Sport Rider, and got my letter published -- I asked about making my own preload adjusters for my '00 naked, and Trevitt says the stock fork caps are too weak to support a preload adjuster made by drilling and tapping the stock caps.

So -- would fork caps from another 41mm fork bike work -- such as a CBR 600F2 or f3, or a ZX6R from 95 - 97? Would the threading be the same for all the forks?

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I understand that the preload caps from the SVS work just fine on the SV-n. The whole deal is about $40, and you just need to cut your spacers by the difference between the two type of cap. I have the part numbers somewhere, but you'd be better off doing a search or going to Ron Ayers.

:)

edit: sp

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
AriGabinet said:
OK, I wrote to the Geek in Sport Rider, and got my letter published -- I asked about making my own preload adjusters for my '00 naked, and Trevitt says the stock fork caps are too weak to support a preload adjuster made by drilling and tapping the stock caps.

So -- would fork caps from another 41mm fork bike work -- such as a CBR 600F2 or f3, or a ZX6R from 95 - 97? Would the threading be the same for all the forks?
Sv preload caps from an 02 will fit

·
Registered
480 Posts
i'm pretty sure i read that YZF caps will fit on the sv. you can get the right fork caps for pretty cheap from az motorsports.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All the online fiches show the '02 forks as NOT having preload adjusters, you have to go to the '03 model and then it's a slew of parts. Traxxsion sells a pair of preload adjusting fork caps for first gen SV's for about $150. Are you sure about the '02 thing? The reason I asked about other manufacturers is that I've seen F2 and F3 fork caps cheap on ebay with preload adjusters.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
PRELOAD ADJUSTERS FOR NON-S 1GEN SV650:

SUZUKI PN: 51351-10D80a
DESC: SV650/S 2002 Pre-load Adjustable Fork Cap
QTY: 2
PRICE: USD $18.04

SUZUKI PN: 51192-06C00
DESC: SV650/S 2002 Pre-Load Washer
QTY: 2
PRICE: USD $2.00

:)

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
I went through fits with my dealership getting the K2 preload adjusters... I ended up with a £10 bet on with the parts guy about whether or not they existed. The parts fiche isn't a schematic, it's just a graphical aid to finding parts.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, AZ Motorsports was the answer for me, thanks to all who helped. Looking forward to a little adjustability.

Ari

1 - 8 of 8 Posts