Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Forgot to install washer after changing coolant...Problem?

I guess this can be chocked up to inexperience but I changed the coolant on my sv650 and the bolt shot off and I didn't realize that there was a washer that was on the bolt until I found it in the drain pan....after I had refilled the radiator.

I haven't gotten the engine up to full temperature, but if I don't see any leaks when I am out do I have anything to worry about?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No pressure when cold. If you worry about pressure open radiator cap.

I mean figuratively. I know that it isn't pressurized but that stuff shoots out a foot when the drain comes out....I'll try though, thank god for nitrile gloves.

In fact leaving the radiator cap in place will probably make it easier since there will be more resistance in coming out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I prepared for the worst (cooland spurting out the side) and hoped for the best (plug it with finger and put in with washer) and luckily the best happened. So little came out I probably won't even need to bleed the cooling circuit...although I will anyways after bit of riding.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
If you leave the coolant cap on, the coolant will not shoot out when you remove the bolt.

It will come out a bit, but with much lower forces. On the sidestand, remove the bolt and plug the hole with your finger, you will loose only a little coolant.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts