Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to ride this morning as it is a beautiful day here in coastal NC. Left the house plenty early to be on time. NC133 along the cape fear river is fun ride. As soon as I pulled in the parking lot of work (37 miles) I realize I left my keys at home(sv key stays with the bike and is not on my key ring). DOH- I called my boss to let him know I had to go back home to get my store key, he laughs and reminds me of what a dumbass I am sometimes. So I blast back home, get my keys, blast back to work to find 3 people waiting on me.

Here are the firsts.

First time in years I've opened my store late.

First time the gas light is just on, no time to stop for gas.

First time the speedo saw 129, and held it for a mile or two.

first time I could barely see through all the gnats and bugs squashed on my face shield. all over the bike too.

First time I spent two straight hours in the saddle. OH that seat.\

anyway I'm probably in need of some serious flaming for all the stupidity this morning so have at it.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Yesterday was the first time I've spent more than two hours in the saddle on the new SV. I decided to take the scenic route home since it was so nice.

I've come to the conclusion I'll either need a more comfortable saddle or a more tough butt.

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
hey G... new seat, it's cheaper than a new butt!!

really, the stocker had me squirmin' after about 40mins, i really love my Corbin..

·
Registered
862 Posts
+1314235 on the seat issue, I love riding it, but this seat is killin me.

Yesterday I drove my car (it felt weird, like how it would feel to command a space craft) totally forgetting that I had switched my house key to my bikes keychain. Good thing a window was open cause all the doors were locked.

·
Registered
437 Posts
hey G... new seat, it's cheaper than a new butt!!

really, the stocker had me squirmin' after about 40mins, i really love my Corbin..
True. I'll have to keep an eye out in the For Sale section.

·
Premium Member
4,847 Posts
I've ridden my SV for over 2 hours at a time and didn't have a problem with the seat. I guess riding a racing bicycle with a seat 5" wide has me toughened up!

The bugs are out in full force here, too. I can hardly go a mile or two without multiple splats.

·
Registered
961 Posts
I went 8 hours and 375 miles on the stock seat today. I actually have the gel seat but that one is even less comfy for me. The first 2 hours are the worst but after that either my ass gets numb or I just get used to the pain because the rest of the ride was fine. I find switching my position on the bike really helps, on long straights I put my feet up on my motosliders and sit all the way back on the seat.
I am looking at getting either a Corbin or a Sargent, any one have opinions which way I should go.

Sorry to add to the derailement of the original thread:D

·
Registered
79 Posts
I've ridden my SV for over 2 hours at a time and didn't have a problem with the seat. I guess riding a racing bicycle with a seat 5" wide has me toughened up!

The bugs are out in full force here, too. I can hardly go a mile or two without multiple splats.
I agree with that. I ride road and mountain bicycles, and I really don't see what's wrong with the stock saddle. What usually gets me is leg cramps being in a fixed position for so long.

·
Registered
46 Posts
haha i did the same thing saturday. except i left the house with the door wide open. didnt realize til i was 30 miles from home and parents were coming home. it was either haul back or get my A$$ reemed. first time i hit 145 on a bike. haha it was fun but dang scary

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
haha i did the same thing saturday. except i left the house with the door wide open. didnt realize til i was 30 miles from home and parents were coming home. it was either haul back or get my A$$ reemed. first time i hit 145 on a bike. haha it was fun but dang scary
HOW THE HE11 DID YOU GET TO 145MPH.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm pretty sure 129 is about all my bike has, I can tell you that the stock mirrors get pushed in a little when you pass the 120 mark and have to be pushed back out when you slow back down.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts