Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering, did you have to replace the whole speedo sensor which is about 80ish dollars, or did you only need to replace the 15ish dollar plastic rotor that floats in the speedo sensor. I would think that only the plastic rotor would need to be replaced but I wanted to be sure. Just the other day my speedometer started acting up and the speed was varying and then it stopped reading speed, only reads 0 while riding. I know it is either the sensor that caused this for me or the plastic reluctor rotor in the sensor. Thanks for any input.
Drew

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
doxiedog said:
Don't have a 03,but it's usully the $15 part that goes :D
If I may add a qualifier to that, yes it's the $15 part, but only if it fails in a way that makes it appear that the $150 is the faulty piece.

All Hail Murphey!

N

·
0 Posts
It only takes a few minutes to inspect the rotor- you'll know immediately if it's bad, 'cause it'll be in several pieces.

It's almost always the rotor. Right off the top of my head, I don't recall hearing about anyone replacing the pickup.

:)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome. Thanks for your help guys. I just hadn't had a chance to pull the wheel yet so I was curious about which piece I would most likely be replacing. Thanks for the help again.
Drew

S

·
0 Posts
I Have the same trouble..

I've just remove my sensor right now.. My rotor is broken. The four tabs of the rotor are broken!!

remove your sensor you'll see!

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
sleepyhead said:
do you have to take the wheel off to take off the rotor?  I just ran into the problem tonight and good not investigate it.
yes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts