Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
41 - 60 of 61 Posts
Where did you get the information that it is legal in "almost all states" to wear headphones/earphones that cover both ears if using a "communications device" as you implied? I'd like to see the evidence, and what is your definition of "almost all?"

Not talking about helmet speakers here, just headphones/earphones.
http://www.amadirectlink.com/legisltn/state_moto_laws_pg1.pdf

Most states I have seen do not really have restrictions. If they do it is either for one earphone only or that it has to be used in conjunction with a communication device like for us here in PA.

However speakers built into the helmet and not earphones/buds in your ear are typically classified differently and thus allowed similar to being allowed to have music speakers in your car.....

i got stopped in PA with my headphones in, and they railed me with a $75 ticket. i truly had no clue it was illegal but ignorance of the law is no excuse right?

i got stopped in PA with my headphones in, and they railed me with a $75 ticket. i truly had no clue it was illegal but ignorance of the law is no excuse right?
Depending on the area you are in in PA cops can be brutal. I have been pulled over with a bunch of other riders to check laws about the spacing of our turn signals and such. It was a painful day for the wallet. luckily for me I was mostly legal and the couple of areas I was not I was only given a notice to repair or a fine. I took it to the dealership and all was actually within specs so they signed off on it...The one area with the rear turn signals that I was not I was within 1/2" (a 1/4 freaking inch on each side...) so they passed me anyway.

I get stopped on a monthly basis with my LEDs at night though even though it is now legal in PA for LEDs. Cops dont know the rules so I keep a print out of House Bill 901 under my tail.... ;)

soulpatch; I get stopped on a monthly basis with my LEDs at night though even though it is now legal in PA for LEDs. Cops dont know the rules so I keep a print out of House Bill 901 under my tail.... ;)[/QUOTE said:
haha, yea just like cops pull over bikes in the carpool lane even though the AMA helped pass the law that allows motorcyclists to use them in any state, even without a passenger.

Shure E2c.

They are the kind that wrap around your ear with a bud filling the ear canal. It has it's own driver so the sound quality (and bass) is quite good, and the different 'plugs' offer varying levels of comfort and passive noice isolation.

I have been using these for 5 years now and while I have tried others, none have provided the kind of comfort and performance that I get from the E2c's. My two brothers also use them, in fact it was my younger brother who told me about them and I am glad he did. :)

http://reviews.cnet.com/headphones/shure-e2c-white/4505-7877_7-30422090.html

The Sennheisser's I have are great. The highs are perfect, the the base isn't that strong. They are very noise canceling. About the same amount as earplugs. I have CX300's, but I'd imagine most Sennheissers are similar.

Discussion starter · #54 ·
Well, I just got my new Shoei RF1000 today, and first off - it is so much better than my KBC VR2 in every regard it's not even funny. (Great eBay deal, 225 and free shipping) but anywho. I was riding cause a) wanted to give the new helmet a spin and b) the weather is absolutely perfect in SoCal right now, and with my still-current MDREX55s, one turn to the left to check my blind spot and my headphone came out of my ear lol. So I'm definitely looking at putting in the slightly extra dough for either the Shure E2C's or the Ety ER6i's on Amazon due to your guy's suggestions (leaning more towards the Shure's at this point).

Thanks again.

JVC Marshmallow ear buds. Noise canceling up to 120 dcb $20. the only downside is that after about 3 months the right side usually dies and u have to get another pair. oh yeah if you put them in upside down they will never fall out. :)

JVC Marshmallow ear buds. Noise canceling up to 120 dcb $20. the only downside is that after about 3 months the right side usually dies and u have to get another pair. oh yeah if you put them in upside down they will never fall out. :)
since foam earplugs usually cancel around 25-29db, and those protective earmuffs cancel 20db, I highly doubt the marshmallows cancel 120db. That would be like standing next to a 747 taking off and hearing absolute silence.

i guess i misread. :) They are really good though.

The sonys you had are way better than those JVCs...be prepared for a loss in sound quality. What is your budget. Those sonys were the best on the low end price range last time I shopped.

Shure E2c.

They are the kind that wrap around your ear with a bud filling the ear canal. It has it's own driver so the sound quality (and bass) is quite good, and the different 'plugs' offer varying levels of comfort and passive noice isolation.

I have been using these for 5 years now and while I have tried others, none have provided the kind of comfort and performance that I get from the E2c's. My two brothers also use them, in fact it was my younger brother who told me about them and I am glad he did. :)

http://reviews.cnet.com/headphones/shure-e2c-white/4505-7877_7-30422090.html
+1
I love mine. I used them flying in C130s because they can be used as earplugs AND I get to listen to my music.

41 - 60 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.