Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I walked out of a store last weekend to find Gary Scott checking out my bike. We had a couple of smokes and talked about bikes, wrenching, and racing.

Very cool guy. Hall of fame racer and national champion that appreciates the SV.

·
Registered
5,443 Posts
I walked out of a store last weekend to find Gary Scott checking out my bike. We had a couple of smokes and talked about bikes, wrenching, and racing.

Very cool guy. Hall of fame racer and national champion that appreciates the SV.
Very cool!! Probably 95% of the people here don't know who he is, which is a sad commentary on the state of flat track racing these days.

Here's some more info:

http://www.motorcyclemuseum.org/halloffame/hofbiopage.asp?id=82

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
FLAT TRACK-Kenny Roberts Syracuse Mile '73'74'75- going into 3rd. turn 6th.coming out of 4th.turn 1st. at the flag two Harleys pulled ahead,one by a wheel and the other by half a wheel for 25 laps.The best race I have ever watched.Picked up his autograph after the race and talked to us for a half hour.The bike mags lagged two months behind then,but the write up stated who won,but the main comment was"did you see Robert's ride".people forget what a great rider in the dirt he was.

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
I don't know who he is. But I know what flat track racing is. Am I cool now? :dontknow:
No...:nana:

I love flat track. It's shame it's not better televised. You used to see it much more in the late 80's/early 90's. I can't tell you the last time I saw a race on TV.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts