Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am selling a motorcycle for a a buddies wife. The buddy, sadly, has passed from a fatal car accident. The wife, who is the daughter of my neighbor, and her father, have asked me to make the needed repairs to the motorcycle and put it up for sale.

Bike is locate in NJ, 08015.

One one of their recent vacations, he took the bike with them, and had a slight lowside. It needed a new radiator and a new battery for sitting for a while. I got a good condition rad off ebay and put in a gel battery I had here. Some of the bodywork has damage to it, as well as the exhaust , which I have tried to highlight with the pictures. He had also tried to change out the broken tail pieces, and lost all of the plastic clips that held those parts on. They will need to be replaced, under $20 from dealer. Stock plate holder and tail seat lock mechanism also misplaced.

The bike overall is in good shape. Not perfect by anymeans, but a solid bike that could easily be made perfect is someone wanted to have it that way.

Priced to sell at $4000, or best offer. Wife was left as a widow single mother, so we do not want to give the . bike away...we want it to go to a good home for someone who will ride it and enjoy it...and not a flipper

All pictures here:

http://photobucket.com/2006R6

Either PM me here or email to: dougz73 at gmail dot com ( put R6 in thread title, so I know its not jun mail)

·
Premium Member
3,229 Posts
Wish it were february. This would have made a perfect track bike for me but I won't be shopping for one until then. I've always wanted an R6 and this is a great deal. GLWS. My condolences to the PO's family :(.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies guys. All PM's responded to.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Clean title? I almost want to buy this to ride as is and sell my pretty 08 r6 so I won't have as much money invested.
yes, of course, clean title...already in widow's name, so no delays in process.

·
Registered
10,246 Posts
Wow... bummer story, but good on you for helping out Doug.

Nate

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow... bummer story, but good on you for helping out Doug.

Nate
Thanks for the bump Nate.

Email addy fixed..for those who PM'd me about it not working.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nate, if you could, bump it over there on DC sportbikes. I got a lot of interested emails from there, and two guys were supposed to come and potentially look at bike this weekend, but nothing materialized. Thanks.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the bumps guys. I was expecting it to sell quickly too. Priced to sell at $4000 or best offer..so far, best offers have been $3K and $3200. I wanna get the women and her child a little more than that.

·
Registered
10,246 Posts
Shoot - I thought 4k was fair for it!

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
I think with a little overhaul you can come up with a better offer, or let it go for the offers listed. I think people get weirded out when they see a bike who belonged to someone who passed, even though he wasnt on the bike. I know because I showed it to my friend who is looking for the same bike and he said he passes due to what I mentioned.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
OK, thanks guys. I'll keep that in mind. Surely everyone can't be wierded out by owning a deceased person's bike.

·
Registered
7,586 Posts
No one is weirded out at all. It's like house hunting. As soon as someone hears the house is to be sold for the heirs, they think they can offer dirt. All because they think the sellers are desperate to get rid of it.

Same thing with anything else. Sorry you're getting low offers. As soon as people hear best offer, they go below. Just tell them it's $4,000. In reality its more than a fair price. If they want to offer less, then start talking about taking parts off.

Or you can start asking for $4700 so when they talk you down to $4000, they feel better about themselves.

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
+1 to what enrico said. We all want to feel like we're getting a deal, especially on big purchases. I'd be all over this if insurance wasn't so high on it for me. Quotes are 2-3x what I pay on the SV and 2x what I get quoted for other 600's of similar years. Weird.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.