Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...what build are you and what size do you wear. I tried one out today at the stealership and it was an XL and it seemed to fit me in the shoulders. I was shocked as I'm only 5'7" 150#. They didn't have any other sizes to try so I'm trying to figure out what size to order from New Enough. I'm guessing L since the XL was so close. Just seems odd since I wear a S in a Joe Rocket Mesh, though it is a bit small on me. Oh, and the stealership price was nearly $100 more without tax! Do people actually pay those prices? Crazy! Thanks for the help! :)

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
im about 5'8 and weigh about 195-205, i wear the xl (46-48) and it fits like a glove, its an excellent jacket with removeable liner...i highly recommend it dood....

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know! I was unsure of what to get until I tried it on! Fell right in love. Now I can't wait to order one. It'll make a great birthday present from my old lady! Only she doesn't know it yet. LOL. She hates gettin' me stuff like this for presents. Says it's not sentimental or special or somethin' like that. No worries, I always win that argument! ;D Thanks.

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
I'm 5' 11" 140 lbs and wear a large. Sleeves and shoulders fit perfect, a little large around the waist/torso. But I'm a skinney (sex)er.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
i bought mine on ebay last year for 200 shipped brand new.... check there first, you may find a great deal now that you know what size you are

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have one. I lowside last year at about 25 mph and slid on my stomach/chest. Result: quite a bit of abrasion of the leather, and busted seams at both pockets and sleeve cuffs. Shitty performance for such a low speed crash, I'd hate to see what happens at 60 or 80 mph.

This jacket is priced as a high-end, premium jacket, and while the fit is nice and it looks great, in my opinion, there are better options for the money. Oh, and there's no zip to connect the jacket to pants.

IMO, Icon makes great looking crap.

·
Registered
112 Posts
im 6'4" and tried on an XL and it was a little short and a little tight so I ordered a XXL.. hope it fits.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm about 5'7" and 140 lbs and I'm wearing a small (38-40 on the label), while I'm not exactly huge I'm not that skinny either, you guys must like your gear baggy because I would be absolutely swimming in an L or XL. The S is snug with 2-3 layers underneath and the liner but it's still comfortable.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I'm 6'2" 145 and I am wearing a M, and I have plenty of room to fit a hoodie underneath. The length between the XL, L, and M is about the same,, but the shoulders fit great and the arms are long enough.

·
Registered
198 Posts
If you're gonna order it from NewEnough, don't worry about size, they have the best return policy.

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
PureKovak said:
I'm about 5'7" and 140 lbs and I'm wearing a small (38-40 on the label), while I'm not exactly huge I'm not that skinny either, you guys must like your gear baggy because I would be absolutely swimming in an L or XL. The S is snug with 2-3 layers underneath and the liner but it's still comfortable.
I have long arms. But it fits perfect in the shoulders and arms. Nothing moves. It's the torso area that is big, but not enough that it affects the armor where it counts. I'm ordering a seperate back protector to wear under it though, the foam armoer iin the back is a joke.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well at the last minute I changed my mind and went with the Alpinestar Spinner in black. Just liked the styling just a little bit better. Talked to a lady at New Enough and she assured me the quality of both was the same. Hope I made the right choice. Damn it was a close call. Luckily since New Enough has such a great return policy, I can change my mind after I get the Alpinestar if I want. Thanks for all the help everyone. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts