Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dug through the archive and had some follow up questions on to height adjustments for the bike.

1) First question was, how low is too low for dog links before it becomes in issue. So far, it seems like 2 inchs and higher is too much and would mess up the geometry too much not to mention bottom out the bottom of the bike or drag the kick stand. So is one inch a fair amount that wouldn't throw off the geometry and wouldnt' cause too much trouble with draggin?

2) When people say flat-foot, does that mean being seated or standing? I'm tall (6'3) so i don't know what people mean by being able to flatfoot to the ground.

3) Basically my issue is that my gf wants an sv650. She is almost 5'3 and i'm wondering would shaving the seat (lowers about 1.5 inches at best), and adding in 1 inch dog links create enough room for her to touch the ground comfortably (not on tip toes). She does not want to get high heels and she won't be cornering too hard (probably won't even do twisties) except for the usual around the town stuff.

4) If it's advised to looking into other bikes, what bikes would be suitable for her height (one where she can comfortably touch the ground without heels but minor adjustments to the bike would be okay). I've heard ninja 250's, Ex500's, gs500, m620 (can't find any). Any other recommendations?

thanks in advance guys! =)

J

·
0 Posts
I'm 5'8 and can only tipy toe my bike. However i have an 03 the 04-05 have a 40mm lower subframe. I also dont have a shaved seat and i have actually raised my bike to help with cornering. I dont think she will have a problem with the sv when it is properly set up for her.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Buell Blast. Those things can be ordered with pretty low seats from what I hear.

Flat footing is being able to place your feet flat on the ground while sitting on the bike.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Maritan said:
Buell Blast. Those things can be ordered with pretty low seats from what I hear.

Flat footing is being able to place your feet flat on the ground while sitting on the bike.
Ill second that, i ride with a guy who has one and its actually a really cool little bike

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
pretty much everybody I've ever talked to says the blasts are crappy.

you can set the sv up to fit her.. or go with gs500 or ninja250/500

·
Premium Member
6,627 Posts
wonderjosh said:
pretty much everybody I've ever talked to says the blasts are crappy.
+1

i am 5'8" and can flat foot (when sitting that is) i think it has to do with techique, ( i have a 2001 sv650s with a corbin seat for the record) shaving the seat is the least obtrusive thing to do, try that first and see how much more she needs, and inch down shouldn't be a big deal, but lower the triples (raise the forks)

that's the problem with sportbikes they are not friendly to people with short legs

1 - 6 of 6 Posts