Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got one of these flyscreens on the bike I bought, and I'm curious as to if it actually does anything besides keep the speedo clean. My google-fu must be off, and searching the forums didn't yield much, but I'm 6'1" and I can't imagine that this little thing "keeps the wind off me." Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like this ends up being more cosmetic than functional.

·
Registered
7,593 Posts
You won't be sitting in a perfect bubble of calm air, but it'll be better than nothing. How much better is subjective.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I am pleased with the wind protection the Givi A240 provides.

I think it's stylish, too.

I've got one of these flyscreens on the bike I bought, and I'm curious as to if it actually does anything besides keep the speedo clean. My google-fu must be off, and searching the forums didn't yield much, but I'm 6'1" and I can't imagine that this little thing "keeps the wind off me." Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like this ends up being more cosmetic than functional.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPad app

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
I have the Aztec8 flyscreen. It helps with some wind noise (sort of) but does make a noticeable difference in comfort when tucked.

·
Registered
8,290 Posts
I have a similar Suzuki fly screen on my first gen.

I like it. IMO, it helps take a bit of air pressure off my chest at highway speed, while leaving my helmeted head in clean air. It's useless for weather protection, though. FYI, I am 5' 10" tall.

·
Premium Member
3,472 Posts
I have a similar Suzuki fly screen on my first gen.
I like it. IMO, it helps take a bit of air pressure off my chest at highway speed, while leaving my helmeted head in clean air.
+1. Ride into a headwind and it definitely blunts the impact. At 6'1'' you won't find anything large enough to hide your helmet from the wind.
Closest I've seen comes from Parabellum and costs $600! My Rifle SuperSport is a close second for half the price.

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
do you still have the mini faring above the light?? if so, try a Laminar Lip...

2nd mod on my 05...

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have ridden a few thousand without a fly shield, and a few with various after market shields( Buell, and two I made) I defiantly think there is a big difference.

Ignore my cupholder-mod

·
Registered
595 Posts
Hey OrganDonor, I would hate for your name to become prophetic. Have you given any thought to the idea of your face or chest coming into contact with your flyscreen at a high velocity? Ouch. Maybe you could use some "break-away" or nylon bolts to secure it? And round off some of those corners... Sometimes flimsy is good LOL

·
Registered
7,593 Posts
You should have seen the rack for the radio on my dad's old CB750. It just felt like a guillotine blade pointed right at you.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts