Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got one of these flyscreens on the bike I bought, and I'm curious as to if it actually does anything besides keep the speedo clean. My google-fu must be off, and searching the forums didn't yield much, but I'm 6'1" and I can't imagine that this little thing "keeps the wind off me." Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like this ends up being more cosmetic than functional.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I am pleased with the wind protection the Givi A240 provides.

I think it's stylish, too.

I've got one of these flyscreens on the bike I bought, and I'm curious as to if it actually does anything besides keep the speedo clean. My google-fu must be off, and searching the forums didn't yield much, but I'm 6'1" and I can't imagine that this little thing "keeps the wind off me." Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like this ends up being more cosmetic than functional.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPad app

·
Registered
8,679 Posts
I have a similar Suzuki fly screen on my first gen.

I like it. IMO, it helps take a bit of air pressure off my chest at highway speed, while leaving my helmeted head in clean air. It's useless for weather protection, though. FYI, I am 5' 10" tall.

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
I have a similar Suzuki fly screen on my first gen.
I like it. IMO, it helps take a bit of air pressure off my chest at highway speed, while leaving my helmeted head in clean air.
+1. Ride into a headwind and it definitely blunts the impact. At 6'1'' you won't find anything large enough to hide your helmet from the wind.
Closest I've seen comes from Parabellum and costs $600! My Rifle SuperSport is a close second for half the price.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Hey OrganDonor, I would hate for your name to become prophetic. Have you given any thought to the idea of your face or chest coming into contact with your flyscreen at a high velocity? Ouch. Maybe you could use some "break-away" or nylon bolts to secure it? And round off some of those corners... Sometimes flimsy is good LOL

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.