Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I wasn't really sure where else to post this, but I made some flushmount front turn signals for my sv1000s.
I used LED clusters from some old MotoTeck signals, and only toward the end of the project did I realize those are not the easiest parts to source.

I was wondering if anyone on here does electronics stuff and knows of an led module that is readily available and could fit in something like this. So yeah, any recommendations? I can provide internal dimensions, if it would help.

I was hoping to make these available to other riders to 3d print and use if they're so inclined. The design will fit any second gen faired SV model.

Attachments

· Registered
715 Posts
Although I greatly admire DIY builds and the skills involved, as in this specific case, I have to ask: what's the purpose of such front turn signals?
They will (almost) only be visible from the side of the bike, but not from the front, effectively voiding the purpose of the turn signals.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had some crusty old fake carbon fiber turn signals that were on the bike when I got it. It was time to replace those, and I tend to do silly projects in the cold months.
The goal was to make a knockoff of these Proton units, which are visible from the front by virtue of being stupidly bright:

Mine are visible from the front, but not quite as good as the Protons, or the stock ones in that regard. Another reason I was hoping to source different (brighter) leds.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts