Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who makes the brightest flush mount turns for the front? i bought a set of smoked ones that suck for brightness.

·
Registered
334 Posts
All the ones I have ever seen arnt that bright... The companies making these things arnt thinking hard enough. They need to be white LEDs with a yellow diffuser. not yellow leds with smoke... wtf is that.

sorry, im ranting... I plan on starting my own motorcycle LED business online in a few years... i will destroy these liars with their contrasted out over exposured pix of there led signals angled at the 100% view. ...

if you want brightness use a bulb, or dont get smoke, or wait 3 years and contract me ;)

·
Registered
545 Posts
I got a set of the Rumble Concepts flush mounts. They are pretty good. If you look at all my posts there is one that is titled something about Hotbodies turn signals. There is a pic in there of my bike with the signals going. They don't look too bright cause the headlight is blinding the camera but they are pretty bright. I am totally satisfied.

·
Registered
895 Posts
I got some off ebay from a company on there called 911moto if you go there they have some listed for the sv1000 and they are great they must have at least 13 LED's from what I can count and they fit great and if you put a like 1/2 grommet on the stud that goes into the fairing you will make it so that they can be see from the front as well... which is always good. :)

·
Registered
856 Posts
every now and then it occurs to me that turn signals really arn't safe,about the only thing they're good for is when you make a lefty at night,hope against hope that no one runs you over,any bright flashing light that says "hey dummy ,motorcycle here" would do just fine ,anywhere on your bike or person.You obviously can't expect anybody to yield to you when making any turn,and the major downside is if you leave your turnsignals on bright lights somehow make it seem more likely that someone will think you're definitely making the turn and cut right across. Lots of times i just use a hand signal and go.

·
Premium Member
4,058 Posts
I got some off ebay from a company on there called 911moto if you go there they have some listed for the sv1000 and they are great they must have at least 13 LED's from what I can count and they fit great and if you put a like 1/2 grommet on the stud that goes into the fairing you will make it so that they can be see from the front as well... which is always good. :)
+1 exactly what i did

·
Registered
350 Posts
I have the 911moto ones as well but wanted more visibility from the front and put integrated mirrors on.

Flushmount from 911moto:

Integrated mirrors:

·
Registered
4 Posts
The Watsens are the way to go if you want the sleekest looking ones, and they are bright enough. I would recommend complementing them with the integrated mirror lights above or making the parking lights above the headlight into turn signals. Don't ask me how to do it, I just know that would be a good idea.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I've had some smoke ones for the last few years, front and rear. I only have them to be legal. I ride defensively, and tap my brakes a lot before turning. Watch behind me constantly. The smokes are useless even at night.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts